Chapter 6

My eyes slowly open, and I'm not in Theo's car anymore. I'm in some sort of a lab. I attempt to sit up, but I'm strapped to a table. "Theo?" I call out. "Theo?!"

I hear a metallic clicking srom behind me, and I turn my head to see three people wearing masks approaching me. My eyes widen. This is another of those nightmares. I struggle against my restraints, but they're metal so I can't break them.

One of the people approaches me and pushes my head down onto the table, and points it so I'm looking up. They quickly examine my eyes before giving a slight nod.

One of the other people approaches me, holding out some sort of a rod. They poke me with it, and I start screaming in agony. It's electrified. "AHHHHH!" I suddenly stop screaming and a growl escapes my throat. I get a quick surge of extra strength and I use it to break my restraints. My vision becomes much sharper as I turn towards the people who were examining me and jump at them. 

All three of them suddenly disappear right before my very eyes. I turn around to see them standing across the room, watching me.

Suddenly the three people disappear again, and Theo runs into the room. "Echo c'mon let's go!" He grabs my hand and starts pulling me out of the room.

"Ow," he quietly mutters. 

I look down and see his hand is bleeding a little. But it quickly stops, and I can see my fingertips. 

There are claws on them.

My eyes widen. "Please tell me this is a nightmare?"

He continues pulling me out of the room, and we almost run into some other guy.

"Scott, I found another one."

The guy, apparently Scott, looks at me. He grabs my hand and examines the claws on my fingertips. He nods slightly and whispers the word "werejaguar."

"What?" I ask. "What the hell is a werejaguar? What's going on? Why do I have claws?"

Theo says "I'll take her, you and Stiles take Liam and Hayden."

Stiles. That's the guy who went up to me in the hall and asked what Theo wanted from me.

"What? Why do you need to take her?"

"She doesn't know what's going on, I'll explain it to her."

"What makes you think she'll trust you?"

"Because she's my girlfriend! Alright?! I'll take her just get Liam and Hayden!" He grabs my arm and starts pulling me out of the room. I'm too distracted by what he just said to even pay attention to what's happening. He just called me his girlfriend. I look up at him, and he pulls me towards him to avoid me hitting a wall. 

"Theo? Theo, what's going on? Who was that? Where are we?"

"I'll explain when we get in the car."

"And what is a werejaguar?"

"I'll tell you in the car we just need to get out now!"

I nod and run after him as he leads me out of the building, then out to his car. I get into the passenger seat, he gets in the driver seat, and the first thing he does is lock the door. He quickly puts his keys in the ignition and speeds away from wherever we were. "Alright, what's going on?" I begin to question him. I look down at my hand and see I've still got the claws.

He takes a deep breath. He looks over at me, then pulls down the sun-visor from my seat. "Look in the little mirror up there."

I look up, into the mirror, and my heart stops beating.

My eyes are green. And my face is blue.