Chapter 7

"What-what's going on why is my face blue why are my eyes green why do I have claws what am I?!?" My eyes widen and I turn to look at Theo.

"Look, it's kinda hard to explain. There's a book, we'll have you read it, and then-"

I interrupt "no, no then. You're gonna tell me what the hell is going on because there's not a doubt in my mind that you know."

He sighs. "The supernatural, stuff like werewolves and werecoyotes and wendigos and kanimas, they're all real."

"What are wrecoyotes, wendigos, and kanimas?!"

"A werecoyote is just like a werewolf, except a coyote. A wendigo is a cannibalistic shape-shifter. A kanima is a shape shifter that does whatever it's master tells it to."

"And, that's all real?"

He nods. "Those people with the masks, they're called the Dread Doctors."

I try to think back. People with masks? When did I see people with masks?

"You don't remember them, do you?"

I shake my head. "I never saw people with masks except for at Halloween parties."

He nods slightly. "Well, these people kidnapped you one night. They always wear masks. They call themselves the Dread Doctors. They did something to your genetic traits, they made you half supernatural. You're half werejaguar."

"What's a werejaguar?!"

"It's like a werewolf, except just a jaguar."

"Why is my face blue?"

"Because that's how werejaguars are. They shocked you to make you go into that state, we need to get you out of it."

"And how do you expect to do that?"

"Just sit back, relax. Take a deep breath and close your eyes. Calm down."

"That's what you told me earlier and I woke up a werejaguar."

"You were already a werejaguar before I even met you. You wouldn't have shifted that quickly if you weren't."

"How do you know so much about this?"

He looks over at me, and this time his eyes aren't brown. They're yellow. "Because I'm a werewolf."

My eyes widen, and I just stare at him for a moment.

"It's still me... you just know what I really am now."

I sigh. "Wait, earlier, after school, I looked in the mirror and thought my eyes were green for a moment. They were, weren't they?"

He nods. "Most likely, yes. Were you mad at someone?"

"My mom."

"That's why. Anger causes you to shift."

"But how do I un-shift?"

"I already told you. Just relax. I won't let anything happen to you this time, I promise."

I take a deep breath then nod. I sit back and close my eyes, trying to focus on steadying my breathing and going back to myself. I can slowly feel my fingers return to normal, and my teeth start to hurt a little which leads me to believe I had fangs.

"Alright, you're alright now." Theo grabs my hand.

I slowly open my eyes and look over at him. "earlier, when you were talking to that guy... you called me your girlfriend."

He sighs. "Well I didn't get the chance to ask you yet. I was going to ask when I dropped you off at your house, but I guess that kinda spoiled it, didn't it?"