f i v e

I sat on the table in the doctors office, waiting for the doctor . I pulled my phone out and looked through the missed calls and unread texts . Most of them were from John, so I sent him a quick text.
To: Ex 😒
We'll talk later. Busy right now .
The doctor entered the room, so I sat my phone back in my bag.
"Hello, Miss Smith," she smiled .
"Hello," I said .
"So, you think you might be pregnant ," she said tentatively .
"Yes," I mumbled . "I took three tests and they all were positive ."
"Okay, we'll we're going to do a couple of other tests just to make sure everything is okay and to see if you're pregnant or not ."
I nodded my head .
"If you don't mind my asking , if you are pregnant do you know who the father is ?" She asked.
"Yes ," I stated .
"Okay , well I need you to pee in this cup and while we test it , I'll go over some of your options for if you do happen to be pregnant ," the doctor smiled and exited the room.
I went into the small bathroom with the cup and made myself pee . As I washed my hands in the bathroom sink, I couldn't help but look at my stomach in the reflection of the mirror .
I brought up the gown I was wearing and placed my hand on my stomach, rubbing lightly with a sigh . I dropped my gown back in place and went back into the room, grabbing my phone .
To : Ex 😒
I'm at the doctors and I need you .
From : Ex 😒
I'm on my way .
I let out a sigh of relief . One thing I can say about John is that he is always there for me no matter what .