Chapter 9

King got up and showered. As he was getting dressed, Kevin knocked on the guest room door. "Who is it," King yelled.

Kevin busted in the room. "Daddy!"

"Wassup man."

"Can you come to my game today?"

King grabbed his shoes. "I can't. I promise I will next time. I'm busy today."

Kevin frowned. "But you didn't come to the last one."

"I know Kevin. I've been busy. After today, I will be at any and every game."

"Promise?"

King smiled. "I promise."

Kevin hugged him and walked towards the door.

"Aye," King yelled watching him leave.

Kevin turned around.

"I'm gone take you to toys r us tomorrow and let you get whatever you want."

"Anything I want for real."

King nodded. "All the Star Wars."

"Yes!!" Kevin high fived his dad and left out.

King threw his shoes on and grabbed his phone. He put his wallet in his back pocket and left out the room. He walked down stairs and saw Star cooking.

"Hungry?"

"I don't even have time to eat. I have a lot to handle today."

"You always do."

"Yeah well I got to get this money right?"

Star smiled, "I guess you do. Make sure you throw some my way."

"After tonight, I'm gone throw whatever you want your way." He grabbed a bottle of water out the fridge.

"What's tonight," she asked.

King smirked. "Don't even worry about it. Just know we getting paid and after I'm gone be able to retire from the drug game."

"King that all sounds fun but whatever you planning on doing I know ain't safe." She frowned a little.

"Don't worry baby mama. I'm gone be good."

Star smacked her lips. "That's not the point, Kevin can lose his dad. You can either be in jail or in the grave if you not careful. I hate when you take these risks."

King smiled. "My baby mama care about me."

"I'm sure your girlfriend Keisha feel the same way."

King frowned. "Don't mention that bitch ever again man."

"My bad," she exclaimed making she and Kevin a plate.

"Just know I'm coming home tonight as a retired man, and when I get home, I want everything in here packed and ready to be moved."

Star shook her head. "Nigga for one, this ain't your home and we just moved here, why are we moving again?"

"Fuck LA, order us three flight tickets to wherever you and Kevin want to move to and we gone. I'm gone be here later tonight to pick you up. Fuck all this shit, we can buy everything new there."

"King are you serious," she asked in disbelief.

"Dead ass," he told her before walking over to the door.

"I know you won't like this question, but what about your girlfriend? Is she coming," Star asked.

King smacked his lips and left out leaving Star laughing. He hopped in his car and drove to the trap. He didn't want to waste no time. He texted both Dee and Tone and told them to meet him there to go over the plan. He wanted everything to go right.