2

I just came back home from the celebration party with the football team. It was almost two in the morning on a school night and if my parents heard me, I would be screwed.

Isaiah some how managed to get home before me which ultimately pissed me off because he always did that to get me in trouble on purpose.

Good news is, Bow asked me on a date! We're going to play paintball this Saturday and then get some ice cream shortly after. I already knew that I was gunna wear a SlipKnot tee shirt with army cargo shorts and my favorite Olympics.

The party was fun as hell, I didn't get drunk but I had a few drinks and I twerked a lil somethin'. The whole school was at the party and I was sure it was gunna last all night, but the cops showed up and a lot of fence hopping occurred.

Suddenly the living room light turned on and that's when I knew it was over for me. I face palmed and swore under my breath, I'm grounded and imma sneak out and that goes without saying.

"Where you been?" Dad's voice boomed through the space. GAH DAMN! WHY WASN'T IT MOM!! I thought.

"Out," I answered.

"Don't get smacked, Tierra. I know where you were; says your Instagram and Twitter," he said holding up his iPhone.

"What's my punishment?" I asked trying to cut to the chase. He narrowed his eyes at me.

"I don't get it. You ask for your punishment meaning that you OBVIOUSLY made a CONSCIOUS decision to stay out all night! But you can't make a conscious decision to do the RIGHT thing!!" he yells slamming his fist onto the couch. I didn't say anything, he didn't need to smell the alcohol on my breath.

"Have you been drinking?!?!" he screamed louder. I shook my head.

"Oh hell no. I can't do this right now, go to bed. You're not going to school tomorrow. I can't believe this shit. You're just as crazy and reckless as your damn mother!!" he shrieked. I knitted my eye brows together, ready to retort and go plain off on him. I stopped when I saw my mom making her way down stairs.

"Excuse me? She's like who?" she asked leaning her ear closer to him. He was dead silent. I looked at the both of them confused on where this was coming from.

"DANIEL, YOU'RE NOT MAKING THIS BETTER FOR YOURSELF!!!" she roared clenching her fists. That's when I noticed that there were blankets and pillows on the floor of the living room. Mom kicked him out of the bed?

"Imma pray for this marriage, Daniel. And if you still love me, you'll pray that God fix your fucking mind 'cause I'm ready to-- good night, Daniel," she said to dad rolling her neck. She turned to me with bloodshot eyes. "And you miss thang better get up at eight o'clock tomorrow, we're going some where."

I had no idea what she had in mind, but I was scared. I complied and went upstairs to my room and collapsed onto my bed face first, not bothering to remove my make up and shoes.

The next morning I put on some red Adidas sweat pants, a white tee shirt, and my red and white Adidas slides. I pulled my hair back with a silver headband and slipped on my prescription Gucci glasses.

I went down stairs and made myself some frozen waffles while texting my friends about my absence. My mom walked down stairs carrying a Jansport book bag and was dressed in black leggings and a Diggy sweatshirt with gold earrings.

"Have you decided to work things out?" Dad said to mom. He pointed to mom's shirt and smirked a little.

"Don't flatter yourself, I couldn't find anything else to wear," she replied with an attitude.

"Imani, I don't see why we can't just fix things," he said sounding quite hurt.

"I don't see why you can't just tell me the truth," she retorted rolling her neck.