8

Iree, Emaja, and I were standing around tossing a frisbee back and for the between all of us a couple days after my suspension. Iree was talking about her first date last night, but I was half listening. I couldn't stop thinking about what happened to me last night.

We tossed Shad back into his room after I let them smack him around for a little bit. We warned him about snitching or telling anyone about what happened and by the way he looked today, he looked fucked up and scared as hell, he wouldn't say shit to nobody.

I agreed to go out with Derek after he dropped me off, so my date is this weekend. I'm pretty excited about it, but scared all at once. I couldn't just ask Murder to get his goons on every guy that hurt me, so I wasn't sure if I was prepared for another heart break.

I was completely over Shad, but not the situation. So basically, I had no problem being interested in a new guy without any old feelings for Shad, but I couldn't trust. I always thought girls and guys with trust issues were dumb as fuck, but now I understand how they feel.

I wasn't planning about telling a soul about the hit last night, only God and God only. No one could break me into snitching on myself or Murder.

"Why were you late today, TT?" Iree asked in her soft baby voice.

"Oh, I woke up late that's all," I answered shrugging. "Plus I had to make my own breakfast 'cause my mom and dad spent the night at a hotel." I was really turning in that video to the cops anonymously.

"Why?" Emaja inquired.

"Mommy was trying to surprise him with some stuff that would make dad forgive her," I replied wiggling my eye brows.

"Ewwwww!" Iree shouted.

"Yo mama a freak!!!" Emaja exclaimed as we all laughed. When our laughter died down, Shad walked past us with his group of friends looking more uncomfortable than I had ever seen him.

His lip was busted, one eye was swollen shut, he had a deep cut over his nose, scratches and a few bruises under his cheeks, and one lovely mark from where I put a bat to his throat.

"Does anyone know what happened to Shad though?!" Iree yelled in hushed tones. I could feel myself smiling in the outside but laughing hysterically on the inside. Maybe I'm evil, but when you've been through what I have, you'd think it's funny too.

"No, clue," Emaja said. "TT, what bout you?"

"Maybe he finally got what the fuck he deserves," I replied angrily. Just as Shad started to toss the football back and forth with Loni, a mob of police officers marched onto the field. Ah the best part.

Everyone ceased movement and watched as the police officers approached Shad's group of friends, half of the varsity football team. They took out their hand cuffs and that brought a smile on my face.

"Shad Moss?" the biggest one asked. Shad raised his hand and stepped forward with the most confused facial expression ever. How could I not laugh?

"You're under arrest for felony assault and hate crimes," he said hand cuffing Shad.

"WHAT?! I didn't assault nobody!!" Shad yelled jerking around angrily.

"Beating up someone UNDER AGE because they're GAY is a felony assault and a hate crime," the officer replied pushing him towards the squad car.

The rest of the police officers cuffed the rest of the Varsity team for the same charges, adding on accessory and then tossed them into squad cars. I brushed off my hands and smiled feeling like I had officially won.

"What's felony assault?" Emaja asked looking at me.

"When a bitch nigga assaults a minor," I answered glaring at Shad from a distance.