nine //ocean waves

(not text, sorry)

.

Gabe and William walked down the beach, hand in hand as William talked about his parents, how they've been yelling and drinking and fighting.

"William, baby. I love you so much. You and Court need to move in, it's not safe where you are."

"I know, you're too good for me. I love you too." He kissed Gabe's cheek, and leaned into his arms.

"I'm gonna miss you when you're away at college, you know."

"I know. Can we get in the water?"

"Sure, I guess."

William let go of Gabe's hand and ran straight into the blue waves of the ocean, beckoning him closer.

"Bill, you're so cute. I'm so in love with you."

"I know." He grinned.

"Come on, let's get deeper in."

"Alright!"

William and Gabe waded waist deep, laughing as the kids in the sand giggled and threw ocean water at each other.

"That could be our kids one day, you know?"

"I know. It will be."

"Can we stay here forever?"

"We can."

"I love you."

They sat down and ate lunch a few hours later, sitting under a pavilion at the beach. William leaned his head on Gabe's shoulder, breathing slowly.

"Hey, Bill. I think you're gonna be okay. You're gonna make it past high school. You and Courtney will be alright with us."

"I know."

"But?"

"I can see how badly she wants to be normal, how much she craves being like her friends."

"I'm sorry."

"The sun's gonna set soon, we should go."

They began walking back to Gabe's house, taking the long way to soak up the rest of te Jersey summer sun.

Gabe stopped on a bridge.

"The sky is on fire."

"You're right. Look how beautiful this is..."

"William, we should stay and watch it."

"You're right again. "

The couple sat down on the edge of the bridge, leaning on each other with their fingers linked.  They watched as the sun fell lowin the sky, and Gabe pressed a kiss to William's cheek.

"I love you."

"I know."

Gabe's phone rang, his moms concerned about when they were coming home.

"We're almost there."

-

hey this still exists btw ive had rlly bad writers block lately LMAO so yes!!! summertime boys!! ALSO im on break so i will try my best to update