8. Theadora

Okay, short but I think it should get the point across :)

Sunday, January 3rd, 2013

                        I’ve been struggling a lot lately but I don’t even know why. From the outside everything looks really good. Mom’s been doing great, dad’s been fine, school for Katie and me is getting done and fine, Drew seems to be great with the relief of mom’s health and his job isn’t nearly as stressful and then he comes home from helping the youth and has stories and seems like he feels useful and everything… which may be why I’m feeling like I am. Like I’m doing nothing. Sure I’m working through school but how important is that anyways? I want to do something, to know that God is using me! And suddenly its hard. Like last week I was cool with it all and now I’m depressed over it L

Oh, well, life will go on and now I’ve got to get ready for church anyways. ~Thea

Later – 9:54 PM.

We all went to church today. Even mom. She has made it through the first semester and is into her second. She doesn’t seem nearly as worried as dad (not that she ever does…) and she has started back in on normal activities. She keeps insisting that she isn’t going to be harming the baby and that if she ever feels strained or has reason to believe there is a problem she will address it, until then she will “live and serve the Lord”. So, I guess she is. And I really do trust her…. Unlike dad. Katie of course struggled at first with moms decision (btw this all sort of came about this morning when we were about to leave for church and mom comes into the kitchen dressed and ready to go) and cried and was like ‘what if something does happen? Then it will be too late!’

At any rate, I suppose that’s it, mom’s moving on, she’s accepted that God is finally granting her with a healthy full term pregnancy and is going with it. There’s nothing any of us can do about that.

Next Thursday Felicia, Rachel, and I are going shopping J I probably won’t buy much but… hanging out will be fun :D

Alrighty, church was REALLY good. The message was normal, okay borderline boring, Adams lesson was exactly what I needed though so I thought I’d write the notes out in here for a ready reference any time I’m having a rough time finding my usefulness in life. Oh, and to round out his lesson he assigned our music group to work on Steven Curtis Chapmans ‘Do Everything’. So obviously his lesson was about how no matter what we’re doing God is watching and it’s all important. He covered how God is watching while we waste time, while we have sinful thoughts and will judge us accordingly but he also pointed out how no matter what we’re doing if we’re doing it FOR God he’ll reward us and that it is important. Also that we often will never know the impact we have. He told this awesome story about how a boy went on a mission trip because he just HAD to do something important, you know? Something world changing but what he didn’t know was that as he was boarding his flight to the mission headquarters and gave up his seat to the teenage girl behind him, himself having to pay extra and wait on the next plane all so she could go, changed her life because when that plane touched down in Berlin she got off and was greeted by a pro-life rally carrying graphic images which later kept her from aborting her baby when everyone insisted she should. All because she saw the pictures and read the tract they handed out; she saved her baby and was saved. So that boy in the beginning, he sacrificed unknowingly so God could change that teen’s life.

And then he read a story about a girl who apparently had messed up her life by giving up her purity and now she was walking down a street not knowing what to do or where to go and this old old homeless man was sitting on the sidewalk crying and she sat down next to him and listened to his story. He told her how he was a prodigal son and had wasted his life finally getting around to the fact that that very morning he heard a street preacher and then he was saved but now it’s too late for him to do anything useful, to make a difference. And then he dies not knowing that the girl walked to the corner church and gave her life to Jesus accepting His forgiveness after hearing is story. So he did in fact change the world.

And all that really makes you wonder, What have you done that impacted someone’s life without you knowing? How may you have changed the world? So, do everything to the glory of God and whether or not you know isn’t important; He does and so does that person.

~Thea

VOTE

FAN/FOLLOW>whatever..

and...

COMMENT! Please guys??? *puppy eyes*