Chapter Five: Awkward

Around midnight I wake up and my stomach grumbles. I walk across the cold floor to a small microphone and order a small glass of milk and a huge bowl of this soft stuff that on the menu says Ice cream. An Avox, I think, she doesn't talk so I assume she is, comes with it on a small cart. Leaves the cart and I thank her. I sit on my bed and eat the cold creamy goodness. Within a few moments I hear a light knock on the door,
"Come in!" I say. The door opens, Noah stand awkwardly in the door way. I'm shocked, what's he doing up?
"Uh, hey? What are you doing here?" I ask. He steps in and shuts the door. Ok this is really awkward. Then he says.
"I um, can't sleep. And I heard you ordering food. So o thought I could come talk to you," I nod, and scoot over at pat the bed. He looks skeptical, then shrugs and falls into the pillows with a grunt.
"What is that?" He ask pointing to the bowl of ice cream.
"It's ice cream, it's really good, want to try some? There's another spoon on the cart. There a lot of different types on the menu. I got mint." I'm talking to much. I shut my mouth. He walks over to the menu and orders a type called Nepolian. When it's delivered, it is Chocolate, Vanilla and Strawberry in the same scoop. We eat in silence for a few minutes. Then he says thank you and walks back to his room. Strange . But I shrug and fall asleep.

Around what I assume is dawn I hear a tapping on the door saying it's time to wake up. I groan. But I roll out of bed and head to the shower. There's so many buttons. I end up pushing a button that has a pretty flower, and warm water. I stand there for a few minutes letting the soap and water clean me. Then I step out. There's this weird thing that says place hand here. I do it and my hair is dried, and falls softly to my shoulders. I then walk out and I see an outfit has been put out for me. It's black pants. Black sneakers, and a light grey shirt, with a over coat. I assume this is my mandatory outfit. So I slip it on and go out to break fast. I'm amazed at all the food. Porridge, pancakes, and a cinnamon roll. I grab a cinnamon roll, and a cup of Hot Chocolate. Katniss told me this was rich food but to take it easy, she told me what happened off camera when she went to the games. I snort. She went to the normal hunger games in my place. But the capital has it out for me, because now I'm going to the Quarter Quell. Effie sits at the end of the table, rambling on about the schedule. Then she says, "We should arrive at the capital by noon." Then keeps going on. I pick at my Cinnamon Roll. It's good. Then Noah comes in, his dark hair damp. I look away, he has a strong jaw line, and those eyes. He sits by me, he smells like a scent that's distinctly male, cologne. I remember Katniss saying there was aloof sprays for boys and girls. He keeps looking at me. So I stare back.
"Good Morning" he says eventually.
"Good Morning, how did you sleep?" I mean after you came into my room for some ice cream? I add silently in my head.
"Fine, you" he says this with a concern, strange.
"Okay," we get quite, then the silence starts to get awkward so I ask the stupidest question ever.
"When's your birthday?" He looks at me surprised. Then he looks confused.
"October 18th, you?" This is so stupid.
"May 6th."
"Oh, isn't that tomorrow?" My face goes blank. It is tomorrow. Wow, this sucks. The Capitals is all 'Happy Birthday! Now die'
"Yep, I guess it is." I say sadly, I'll get to turn 14 and never get to be 15. I sigh. Then I realize, Noah is already 14. So I guess I'll be 14 with the guy I don't like. Because he is my Brother-in-law. I sigh again.

A few hours later we arrive to the Capital, neither Noah or Me goes to look out the window. After we stop I'm whisked off to this silver room. Where I'm basically skinned. Even though I barely have any hair, or callous. But they cut my hair making it shoulder length, instead of going to my mod back. They also, make my tails ovals, painted a faint pink. I unfortunately won't have Cinna as my stylist. But a lady named Linda. When she walks in she seems pretty normal. Her skin is a soft purple. She has blonde hair, and wears minimal amount of make-up. But her eyes seem to be contacts, they're a bright green. But other than the purple skin and green eyes, she seems mostly normal. Good. I look at her. She looks me up and down seems to nod in approval, Then says-
"My name is Linda, and I am Cinna's intern so I will have you. I'm not much different then Cinna. But for your costumes. You will be wearing an all black dress, that has flames that will eat the dress, then you will be an a white dress, that represents ashes. Questions?" I just shake my head it sounds brilliant and Katniss said the Flames didn't burn... so I guess I can go with it. But why will I be turned to ashes... does she think that, that I'm going to die? Will Noah also turn into Ashes. Or are we ashes because of our older siblings. I just hope that I make an impression. Because I don't want to die. Not in the games.