Immature

* = Alagaësian Elvish - Fire

** = Alagaësian Elvish - Shining palm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After Bilbo's fainting scene we decided to turn in for the night. I picked up Bilbo effortlessly - much to the surprise of the Dwarves - and carried him to a chair in the living room, per Gandalf's request. The old Wizard heads into the kitchen to put the kettle on.

I decide to sit down, taking up a chair on the other side of a small table in front of Bilbo's chair. I wanted to apologise to him when he wakes up. I should have known he couldn't handle things like my Ascûdgamln just yet. There's a small, unlit fireplace to my left. I stare at it before whispering, "Brisingr*." A fire roars to life and I smile. I've still got it.

"How did you do that?" Bilbo asks. I hand't realised he'd woken up.

I return my gaze to him and smile kindly at him. "Magic." I reply simply. He chuckles awkwardly before falling silent, watching the fire.

"I'm sorry." I murmur to him, my head bowed.

I feel his gaze fall on me. "For what?" He asks, confusion clear in his tone.

I sigh, before making eye contact with him. "I should have know you weren't use to that kind of talk. I should have been a bit more careful of what I said. I'm sorry I frightened you."

He smiles at me. "It's fine." He reassures me, before leaning a bit closer to me. "Between you and me, it's Gandalf who should be apologising. He brought me into this." He whispers slyly.

I laugh in agreement as he settles back into his chair with a small smirk on his face. "Aye, but he has his reasons." I reply, looking thoughtfully into the fire. "I can see why he chose you."

A small, uncomfortable silence follows my statement. I can feel a pair of eyes staring at me that were neither Gandalf's nor Bilbo's Someone was eavesdropping on our conversation. Probably Thorin. When Bilbo realised I wasn't going to spill, he asks, "Did it hurt?" This question surprised me. I return my questioning stare at him. "The, um, knuckle spikes. Did they hurt?" He stutters.

I smirk. "Initially, no." I answer. He looks at me expectantly. "But for a few weeks afterwards, my knuckles throbbed quite a lot. But it was worth it."

The young Hobbit smiles. "You're a very brave woman, Zorina." He praises me.

"I had to be." I mumble, almost to myself as I remember days gone by.

"Why?" Bilbo inquires.

I internally panic. Barzûlegûr! What do I tell him? Thorin is obviously watching me. Luckily, Gandalf came to my rescue. "Because, she is a Dwarf from the warrior class where she comes from. It is expected of her to be brave, even when it becomes foolish." I glared at him, but nodded my head in thanks.

"And where are you from?" Bilbo dared to ask.