Chapter 3

Gerard's Story

Now there is one hidden rule we all follow in the coven. A rule we dare not t break, as we value our eternal lives. Do not make Patrick angry. He is the one person you do not wish to anger, disappointment is fine as he will give you a calm lecture, and even be nice about it but when he is angry. You know, you fucked up. He is a good leader, kind even and sometimes he can even be shy, unless he has to deal with humans and he's a whole different person. But for him to be angry at us, you know you're fucked. Alex always seemed to challenge that rule.

We all dare not to go into Patrick's office but cower a few feet away from the door, still listening intently to the argument between Alex and Patrick.

"I Am Not Staying!" shouted Alex.

"Yes, You Are!" Patrick screamed back.

The shouting fight started since six at night. That is way too early. They've been going at it for three hours and William will be here at any moment. When we possibly thought the screaming match would never end, there was silence. Few of the younger vampires quickly backed away further from the door, hiding behind objects and older vampires.

Alex was the first to open the door. We all gave a sigh of relief; we wouldn't know what to do if it was Patrick. Alex rolled his eyes and stormed off, hearing him stomping down the stairs and slam the front door, echoing through the entire building.

"Gerard!" Patrick yelled. Summoning me in, everyone looked at me sympathetically. I really don't need that, right now. Frank held my hand reassuringly. I held onto it tightly and walked in, dragging Frank with me.

Patrick waltzed back and forth within the room, fuming on the inside. Frank held onto my hand tightly and hid behind me, still holding onto my hand. Patrick looked at me and noticed Frank. He glared at Frank. I clench my jaw suppressing my urge to snarl at Patrick and tell him to back off but its suicide if I do.

"Frank," he started sweetly, giving us a small vindictive smile. "Did I ask you to come in as well?" he asks and Frank quickly shook his head. "Then, get out," he commanded calmly. Frank nodded, quickly giving me a peck on the cheek and ran out of the room, closing the door behind him.

I looked over to Patrick who is currently pinching the bridge f his nose, taking a deep breath the mean time.

"Is William, here yet?" he asked me.

"No, he hasn't." I answered quietly and Patrick nodded taking a seat.

"Ok, just make sure this place is suitable for when our guests come," he replied and I nodded.

"I'll make sure of that," I answered him and Patrick waved his hand in dismissal. It's now or never, Gerard. I thought to myself and took a deep breath. "Patrick." Patrick opened his eyes and looked at me, his eyes slightly narrowing. Probably asking himself why I haven't left yet. "It's about yesterday." I started. Patrick said nothing and allowed me to continue. "Why did you let those hunters live? They treated Alex so badly, I thought you would bring the organisation to the ground," I explained quickly.

Patrick relaxed into the couch and began to think. His eyes softened, his face becoming neutral. It's painful to wait. Patrick is someone I do not wish to anger.

"I don't know," he replied. This caught me off guard. He doesn't know! "There was something different about him," he murmured to himself. Him? Has, Patrick found someone?

A little smile tugged on my lips.

"So you met someone?" I teased. Patrick's eyes widen.

"N-no, I haven't," he denied while stuttering. My smile widens.