Understanding Rains

I do not own KHR!

With a simple nod, Asari looked over at the little black haired boy who was smiling without a care. Watching Yamamoto with interest, he walked over, smiling and tapped the boy on his shoulder. The smile on his face slipped for a minute second, replaced by a sharp glare that pierced Asari. It left a cold feeling in his gut but the look on his face was gone and he was once again the happy go lucky boy.

"Is something wrong Asari-san?"  Yamamoto said to him in Japanese with a bit of confusion. Asari glanced down, keeping his thoughts at the back of his mind before replying, "No, nothing, I'll take you on a tour around the mansion. Is that okay?". Asari didn't skip a beat on his response so Yamamoto released some of the tense energy that he had. The older rain guardian took him off guard, accidentally releasing some killing intent at him. 

Asari looked at the boy with a smile but his mind was racing, 'did he just release some killing intent at me?'. "Ne, Asari-san, are we going to go or?" Yamamoto said, slipping into Japanese as several seconds passed. Asari simply smiled at the language and the question, starting to walk towards the doors. The feeling from the killing intent was already being buried as they talked.

As they passed through several different corridors, happily chatting in Japanese. Asari quickly learning that Yamamoto and his friends all had some kind of Japanese connection excluding Lambo. Yamamoto had to be careful to not let several details slip while talking but was still talking with ease anyways. "So, can I call you Takeshi?" Asari said nonchalantly as they walked towards the music room. They had decided to go to the music room after the topic of Asari's shakuhachi came up. "That's fine, but what should I call you?""Since I adopted you, maybe otou-san...? But if it's uncomfortable, you can just call me Asari." Yamamoto just nodded silently with a small smile, contemplating the word. After all, he still had his real dad in the future, it would be kind of awkward for him. 

They approached the music room, content with the atmosphere. Slowly, music filled the air, the distinct sound of the piano ringing in the hall. Yamamoto immediately was reminded of the piece Gokudera played for them, telling them that it was the song that his mother had taught him so long ago. Yamamoto walked a bit faster, not believing he would start playing that here. He opened the door, seeing G facing Gokudera. Asari simply smiled at the pair along with Yamamoto, happy to see them so interested with music. But Yamamoto focused on Gokudera's small form and walked straight towards them.

Yamamoto was confused and a bit grim with the thought of Gokudera playing the beloved piece that he didn't play until much after Tsuna became the official 10th don of Vongola. It was a piece that brought up many sad memories for Gokudera, the guardians and Tsuna knew at least that much. "Hayato, were you playing the piano earlier?" Gokudera shook his head, "So G played it?" "Yes he did you baseball-idiot." Yamamoto was relieved to see Gokudera shaking off all the negative emotions he had. He simply recieved the hidden thanks with a grin, he was the rain that was to wash everything away after all.

Asari was watching from the background. He saw the care they had for each other, even while they were fighting so harshly earlier. He was happy to see that they cared so much for each other even if there was no blood relation, it was a great thing to have. Asari walked up and ruffled Yamamoto's head with affection, the tour plans he had for Yamamoto still in his mind. "I was going to show Takeshi here my shakuhachi and play something before going off to the dojo, but it seems that you beat us here." Yamamoto quickly picked up the word dojo with a bit of excitement. He stepped back to quickly put his own piece in, "Well, we might as well just go to the dojo now." 

"No, it's okay, we were about to go somewhere else." The rain pair saw the small connection they had and left them be, not pestering them any further. They watched the storm pair leaving the room with Gokudera shyly holding G's hand.