Chapter 20

Dean's POV

We were all standing there for what had felt like forever. "Well Doc don't keep us waiting. Is she alright?" I asked impatiently. I wrapped my arm around myself and nervously began biting my thumb nail. The doctor opened his mouth to speak. "There was a lot of damage to the same area of the abdomen as before. So we repaired everything again. She also had extensive damage to other areas of her-" "Is she going to make it or not!" I interrupted ,taking a step forward. Roman could tell I was getting upset and put his arm out to hold me back. "Dean just let him finish." Roman told me. I stepped back and continued to bite my thumb nail. "Continue doctor" Roman said. "As I was saying." The doctor said shooting Dean a look. " She had extensive damage to other areas of her body, but she made it threw surgery and with therapy and support she should make a full recovery." Everyone let out a huge sigh of relief. I just stood there and watched everyone thanking the doctor. "When can I see her?" I asked the doctor. " As soon as she gets to her room. One person at a time." "Thanks doctor." I told him shaking his hand. I walked back over to where I had been sleeping and took a seat. Roman followed me and took a seat as well. He grabbed my shoulder and squeezed it. "She's alright man, she's ok. You saved her." With those words I felt my body relax and all the tension just left my body. I held my head in my hands and I felt something that I hadn't felt since I was a kid. Tears. They just started flowing from my eyes. I couldn't stop them. She really was ok. I had saved her. 

A FEW WEEKS LATER

Author's POV

A few weeks had passed since the night at the hospital. Dean hadn't left Paige's side since she was at the hospital. Seth had been in jail ever since. Dean and Paige had gotten extremely close since everything had happened. 

Paige's POV

I sat on the bed holding my side as I coughed. That's what the doctor had told me to do so that I wouldn't break open any stitches. I leaned back again and rested my head on my pillow. It was so nice to be home. I was out of work for about a year and half. They said I had to be 100% in order to come back. That was hard to hear. A year and half? Might as well have been the rest of my life. No one would remember after that long. Dean had helped me, he let me cry on his shoulder and he understood what I was going through. Dean had been so good to me through all this. I couldn't thank him enough for saving me. "Hey there beautiful." Dean said ripping me from my thoughts. "Hey" I smiled. "So how are we doing today?" He asked me. "Better I'm not in as much pain as I was in yesterday." I explained to him patting the bed for him to sit down. He made his way over to the side of the bed and sat down. His ocean blue eyes staring straight into mine. I stared back, not knowing how to look away. There was a silence, but it wasn't awkward it was peaceful. I reached over and grabbed his hand. I felt that fire that I had felt before when we had first met. I felt the tears starting to form. "Thank you." I told him softly trying to make sure he didn't realize that I was fighting back tears. I looked down at the bed sheets. "No thanks needed dollface." He said taking his hand and bringing my face up to meet his. I couldn't help it anymore I let the tears fall. He took his thumbs across my eyes and wiped both of my tears away. When I opened them back up I felt this intense rush of affection for him. He must've felt it to cause he leaned in closer as did I. I wanted to kiss him so bad, but just as our lips were about to touch in walks Nikki. " Hey Paige I'm-" Dean backed away from me and I backed away as well, blushing. "Oh my god, I am so sorry." Nikki said as she slightly giggled and left the room. "I ...uh...think I am gonna get going." Dean said embarrassed. "Thanks for coming over." I said giving him a warm smile. "Anytime." Dean said slightly blushing. He left the room and I couldn't help but have a smile from ear to ear.  If I could've I would have been jumping up and down on my bed like a little school girl. I was so happy, the happiest I had been in a long time. I knew the way I felt, but did he feel the same? Were just in the moment? I leaned back against my pillow and closed my eyes, still with a smile on my face as I drifted off to sleep. 

Roman's POV

I lifted the bag of trash out of the trash can when Dean walked in. "Hey man, you're back early. How's Paige doing today?" I asked him as he sat down in one of the kitchen chairs. "She's doing good." Dean answered kind of abruptly. I thought that was strange, but decided not to worry too much about it. I went back to lifted the bad out of the trash can. "I almost kissed Paige." Dean blurts out. The outburst surprised me and made me drop the bag on the floor. Shit. I thought now I have to clean that up. "You did?" What happened?" I asked him. "I don't know man. We were sitting on the bed talking and next thing I know we are about to kiss, then Nikki walked in a messed the whole thing up." My eyes grew wide and I took in a deep breath. "Then let me ask you a question. Why are you still here?" Dean gave me a confused look. "What do you mean?" "As long as you have known Paige all you have ever wanted to do was kiss her. I mean come on man, your in love with her!" So what the hell are you doing here? Why aren't you with her? Are you really going to let Nikki mess it up for you." Nikki is rooting for you two!"

Dean's POV

I sat there listening to everything Roman was saying to me. I let it all soak in. He's right what the hell am I doing here. I love Paige. Then I thought of something? "What if she isn't ready? I don't want to push her into anything too soon." Roman looked at me. "You're never gonna know unless you try." I look at him and realized where I needed to be. I got up and headed right back to Paige's house. I knocked on the door. Nikki answered. " Well if it isn't prince charming back again." I blushed. "Is Paige up?" I asked her walking in to the house. Nikki had a huge smile on her face. I knew exactly why. "Come on Nikki, is she?" I said with a smirk. "I'll go check." She ran off down the hall.  What am I doing? I thought. What if she doesn't feel the same. I don't want to get my heart broken. Then what if she does feel the same. This thought made me even more nervous. Would that mean we were a couple? Would it mean that she's the one? I felt myself start shaking as I heard Nikki coming back I was so nervous. "She's up." Nikki said ushering me down the hall. When I got to her door Nikki patted me on the back and left.  I stared at the door and finally decided to open it. I walked in and saw er laying there in the bed. Man she was beautiful. "Dean you're back" She said excitedly. "Just wanted to check in on you." I said making my way back over to where I had been sitting before. She gestured for me to sit like she had before. I sat down and smiled at her. "You're so sweet." She said to me. "I know" I smirked at her. "No I mean it. You are really good to me Dean." She smiled at me grabbing my hand.  I loved it when she did that. I leaned in closer and she did the same. I felt my lips touch hers and I knew instantly she felt the same as she returned the kiss.  

OMG!! They kissed finally.

Sorry for not updated for so long. I will try to update sooner next time. 

Thank you so much for all the love.

♥♥♥♥♥