chapter two.

It's now 4th period and I'm on my way way to lunch. I really hope that I know some of the people in here, if not I'm going to be lonely.

I immediately recognize Dinah walking in the hallway and I run past all the people to her and start to poke her side in the process.

"Brook!" Her arms reach out to hug me and I gladly accept it.

"Where you going? Please tell me lunch." Dinah nodded her head and I jumped up in excitement because I had someone to sit with.

We walk into the lunchroom and scan over the tables deciding which one to sit at.

"I see Liam and Jesy over there." I skip over to their table and stand at the edge.

"Is anyone sitting here?" I asked my two friends from my old school, who didn't even notice Dinah's and I presence yet.

"Brooklyn! Dinah!" Liam jumped up and he quickly ran to us giving us an individual hug. Jesy finally realizes us standing here and gets up too to greet Dinah and I.

"Liam, your voice got way deeper. What have you been doing?"

"It's called puberty Brooklyn and I see you went through it." He pointed to my clothed chest.

"Excuse me boy, you have a girlfriend."

"I know that. Jade is really great." He laughed.

I rolled my eyes and sat down in the seat next to Dinah.

"So who's going up for lunch?" Jesy asks all of us.

"I am!"

"I'll stay here in case anyone is going to try to steal our seats." Liam swiftly swung his other leg onto the chair next to him.

Dinah, Jesy and I all walk to the lunch line and I get happy instantly smelling all the delicious food.

"Girls!" I identify the voice of Jade's and smiled once she's in front of all of us.

"Where's Liam?" Jade questioned.

"You come over to ask about your boyfriend? Wow." Dinah places her hand over her heart and pretends to be affected by Jade's words.

"He's over there girl. Hey! By the way." I point to Liam all the way in the corner of the room scrolling through his phone.

"Oh I almost forgot. Hey girls!" She giggled skipping off to Liam.

"She's a trip." Dinah said while shaking her head.

I watch as Jade walks over to where Liam is and stands in front of him. After about a second he finally looks towards Jade and his eyes widen and they start to feel up on each other. They're so cute. Ew. I kind of wish I had a boyfriend but life isn't fair sometimes. So being single is the life right now.

"Look they've got hotdogs, I know how much you love your hotdogs Brooklyn." Jesy smirks. We all finish paying for our food and walk back over to where we were sitting before and take our seats.

"You guys are too ugly for me." Dinah says as she see Liam kisses Jade's forehead.

I take a look around the lunchroom and take a sip of my water. My heart sinks as I spot a really familiar face. I almost choke on my water.

Is that.....? That's totally him.

"Oh my f.ucking gosh. Oh shit, what the f.uck? My heart." I placed my hand over my chest to calm down.

"What the hell is wrong with you girl?" Liam asked, his eyebrows furrowed.

I took a deep breath and debated whether to tell them or not. It's really nothing so I guess.

"Do y'all see that boy over there?" I quickly pointed my finger towards the table with Zayn.

"What boy? The one with the blonde hair?" Jesy asked and I shake my head.

"The one with the dark hair and gray beanie?" Jade took a guess and I nodded because she was correct.

"He's cute." Jesy smiled. Girl....

"What about him?" Liam look towards Zayn, examining his appearance.

"Do you know him? Did you have sex with him?" What the f.uck Dinah?

"Shut up. No!" I argued.

"Well, spill the details girl!" Jesy said while taking a bite of her cheeseburger.

"Basically, I used to know him when I was little. Like every summer he stayed at his grandmother's house and that was like two houses away from mine. He used to be outside riding his bike all the time. I used to be outside too and basically we used to play with each other. I liked him so much and I'm pretty sure he liked me back. But past tense "liked." Its 2015 and I know he doesn't remember me."

"What's your definition of play, little girl?" Liam wondered, having a serious look on his face.

"Boy, you know! We used to have fun together like ride bikes and all. Stuff like that. You know how we were when we were younger?"

"So he's your childhood crush?" Dinah wiggled her eyebrows up and down then smirked while chewing her food.

"You can say that." I nodded my head too many times. Childhood crush, what a perfect name.

"Go up to him then. The fuck?" Liam said with a confused expression on his face.

"No.....no. Are you crazy?" For some reason my heart started to speed up at the thought of talking to him after all these years.

"Well you want to know if he remembers you..right?" Jade questions.

"Ugh. I'll go up to him someday. Just not now." That will turn to never.

They all shake their heads and continued eating while I thought about Zayn. We used to be so close and I honesty don't know what happened. He grew up so much, he looks so older and mature. I wonder what grade he's in? I can't believe I actually have lunch with him. It's lit. He probably doesn't even remember me though and that's sad.

I accidentally make eye contact with one of the girl's he's sitting with. That was totally awkward. She has brown hair with blonde highlights. She's pretty I guess. I wonder who is th-

My question was quickly answered once I saw Zayn wrap his arm around her shoulder and kiss her on the cheek.

Oh.