1.

Rebecca -
February 13th, 2015 -

1:45 pm -

There was something truly disgusting about Luke Hemmings. I'm not certain if it was the way he acted, his stance and the way he looked or if it was just the way Luke was.

Luke and I had been along the line of friends before but that quickly ended when he decided image was more than anything else. And he decided I wasn't good enough for him.

I watch in disgust as Azaylea, hangs off of him like a parasite. Luke tries to shove her off him but when his friends begin to stare he continues to caress her thigh, a scowl imprinted onto his face as he turns the other way.

"Bec."

Why is it that image is so important when in reality, were only in school for one more year? I don't understand the obsession and the need to get everyone to adore and worship you, I don't suppose I ever will.

"Rebecca,"

"What!" I snap at Zarife who sits across from me. She cowers back slightly at my tone, I calm down, feeling guilty. Alex, who also sits across from me, reprimands my attitude.

"I said I'm going to buy chips," she smirks, leaping towards the canteen. Alex slowly pushes herself up,"I don't know what your problem is, but solve it," she tells me, a neutral expression on her face.

It quickly changes when she sees Zarife leaping over towards the line, "WaIT Up bRO!?!" She calls over the loud conversations of the other teenagers swarmed into the one hall.

I continue to pick at my food as both girls leaps away like crazy idiots. A small smile begins to grow as I watch them. A clap of thunder sounds from outside. Whenever it rains everyone has to go into the hall, it's hot and stuffy In here.

The room goes quite when the sound of Luke and Arzaylea arguing cuts through all the other noises. "I didn't sleep with her!" All heads turn towards their table as chatter and small whispers sudden fill the silence. "Then why did you look at her for so long?" She replies, her voice reaching an octave higher than it already was.

Alex and Zarife return back to the table, both throwing annoyed glances as Arzaylea and Luke. "God Calum's hot," Zarife whispers under her breath. "I should talk to him" she asks Alex, it's more of a statement though. "Do whatever you want," Alex's eyes never leave Michael. Letting out a sigh I continue to pick at my food. When I look back up Luke and his friends had all left the hall — good riddance.

"I'm going to the bathroom," I murmur to Alex and Zarife. They nod slowly in response, not focusing on me, but the packet of chips in front of them. Beginning my walk out to the bathroom I walk into the closest bathroom to the hall, only to see it's extremely full and crowded. Walking out I thing of an plan b. My eyes light up with I remember the bathroom located just across the football field, and it's nice and quiet too.

Quickly jogging to the doors leading outside I give them a rough push, cold air immediately hitting my face. Stalking over to the oval i slow my pace at the sight of a large tree located at the very end of the oval. I used to sit under that tree when I was younger, I remember all the times I went there, a nostalgic smile crossing over me face.

I want to see it, just for now. Quickly jogging over to it I forget about the bathroom, it can wait for a few minutes. As I reach the tree I pant out loudly. My eyes search for the marking on the tree, when I see it my heart leaps in happiness — but then falls when I notice something different. The initials "R.R" have been crossed out and replaced with "L.H"

"Luke Hemmings," I seethe under my breath in complete anger. "God I hate him so much—" my tantrum is cut short when I stomp my foot onto the ground and am met with a large ditch. "Yuck," I squirm at the mud piled around my shoes. Pulling my foot out I notice something, there's an object in there. Someone dug a hole and shoved a bag in there! How scandalous. Quickly picking up the black book bag I rush abound behind the tree, so no one sees me.