9.

Rebecca
February 13th, 2015

3:07am

"How are we doing this," Calum murmurs as we walk down the winding street.

It's become so late that I feel my eyes shutting with every step i take, I'm growing exhausted. Luke's voice cuts though the waves of exhaustion as he answers Calum.

"We can't go back to the pub where Harry was, he'll get his men to kill us," Luke speaks.

My eyes move up to stare at him, he looks quite worried, his jaw set in frustration. Calum walks further ahead of us, his hands in his pockets.

I head Michael come up beside me, "let's negotiate with him," he suggests to Luke. Luke looks over at Michael, his eyes still slightly hazy.

I watch the boys as they exchange ideas, not a sense of playfulness shown. It's amazing how they can be so over the top and yet change to be serious. I suppose this is a serious situation.

Just as Luke goes to speak his phone rings, he reads the name and his brows furrow. "Who is it?" Ashton asks lightly as he leans over Luke's shoulder to answer his own question.

"Hey, what's up?" Luke speaks into the phone. I wonder who he's talking to, he seems calm and shows no signs of remorse so it can't be Harry.

"He said what?" Luke sneers out loud. The three boys stop to look at him when he raises his voice.

"You tell that bastard to meet me and give me back what's mine!" He shouts over the dead night air.

I run my fingers down Luke's back in an attempt to calm him down. He gives me a forced smile and takes my hand. "I'll get back to you on a location, give me fifteen."

Luke slowly pulls back from me, the space where his hand was turning cold.

"That was Arzaylea," Luke informs us. The boys all look amongst each other. "She said that Harry is willing to give me back my money."

A wide smile spreads across all our faces.

"If..."

Spoke too soon.

"We agree to stick to a certain story and if we can exchange it somewhere where no one will see us, far away from here and Harry's gang."

Luke's friends all let out loud sighs, "all out houses are in the city so one of them is bound to see us," Michael speaks up.

Luke throws his arms up in exasperation. "Where should we go then?"

My mind clicks suddenly.

"I know a place."

_____

"Okay I texted Arzaylea the address and she said Harry said yes," Luke informs the group. All three boys nod their heads as we walk towards the front door of the house that I've led the boys to.

This place is perfect, not only is it far from the city, but it's in the middle of the country and there are only a few houses around.

As I knock on the door I wait patiently for a response from the person on the other side. When I earn no answer I feel the boys growing impatient behind me.

"Who even lives here?" Calum groans in frustration. I throw him a grin over my shoulder, "just wait."

I turn back at bang on the door loudly. A grin spreads across my face when I hear loud footsteps approaching.