The World

Selvia.

A world where ranks rule supreme alongside with skills and professions, all of its citizens prior their coming of age according to their own local customs are either taught locally, by their family or both. There will then come a time in where the individual has to make his or her decision – from wanting to continue the family business to fulfil the dream of being the best in their profession and such.

Individuals are allowed to select one to three professions to master, though most only select one in order to ensure the complete perfection of their craft.

Rankings typically run from 1 – 10. The higher the ranking, the more powerful you are. However, it is a different thing entirely to earn Rank 10 for at least two professions. As it is, only a minor percentage of the population has achieved double Rank 10s; they are usually given appropriate titles and called Dualis'. Masters or mistresses of three professions – those who achieved triple Rank 10s are called Taeir.

There are four main kingdoms.

Stedal, the Kingdom of the North. It is ruled by the prestigious House of Summerhall with the aid of the Council of Lionheart. Known for their brave hearts and unwavering ambition, the unwritten creed of the North was Faber est quisque fortunae suae – "Every man is the architect of his own fortune".

Astrijan, the Kingdom of the East, is strictly ruled by the Clans of Quintus – the Five Clans of Nature. Noble and proud, their code of honour and steadfastness in terms of loyalty make them a force not to be trifled with. As many have said, it does not do to tickle a sleeping dragon.

Usmil, the Kingdom of the West's royal family is believed to be the descendants of deities. Whether it is true or not remains to be seen, though there have been claims to have witnessed signs of divinity from them. They prize the mind with all its intellect and knowledge is their trade. As it is, "Knowledge is power."

Lastly, Zetrana, the Kingdom of the South. The kingdom is shared between two factions that are the Fireguarde and Brightbane. It is said that that the entire royal line are no longer in existence, having being wiped out. Combat is their way of life, and to them, only the strongest survive.