Chapter 4

Saffie picked up on the 3rd bell which was good because Laina was getting a bit temperamental.

''Hello??'' I heard Saffie say. ''Hey?? Can we meet up at the mall near Laina's place??'' I asked her getting straight to the point. ''Are you staying with her??'' She asked. ''Yeah, I am....and I'll tell you the reason why later.'' I said to her as I gestured Laina to wave a cab over. Within moments we had settled a meeting with Anne, Saffie and Zierra. We zoomed off to the mall.

Getting there, I realized Laina's mood was bit better. In the distance I saw my 3 other best-friends come towards me and Laina and all 5 of us broke into a run. We all collided into a big group hug during which we all started laughing. After the individual hugs we sat down at a local café and ordered coffee and brownies. ''So, why are you staying at Laina's??'' Saffie asked. I felt Laina kick her under the table and at the same time tears started welling up in my eyes. Saffie immediately saw this and comforted me saying that I didn't have to them if I didn't want to. But I had to tell them because in the end they will get to know won't they?? So, I began.

''I've been avoiding this question for some time now but I think it's time to face it. To tell you the truth, I really don't know why. I came home one evening after collecting some groceries for mum. When I reached home, no one answered and when I walked inside, there on the fridge was this note.'' I stopped to fumble inside for the note that I slid to the middle of the table for them to get a good look at. They instantly felt why I was crying. After a moment of silence, Saffie spoke. ''So you didn't even contact them to tell that you were safely at Laina's??'' ''No, I didn't want to...I need a break from my family anyways. Besides, I don't think they will be home to see my concerts in the competition so why would I need them??. ''What competition??'' Saffie asked.

I sat back in my chair as Laina explained the whole deal to them. Soon enough they all were nodding their heads in agreement. Then finally Laina spoke to me.'' There won't be fake paparazzi but real one's...so we'll be in real newspapers''. ''Really??'' I asked. She nodded and we got up and went forward  for a shopping spree.

When I went home that day, I had about 5 hoodies and 6 jeans. It certainly been an eventful day....  I thought as I lay down in bed to go to bed.