Chapter Twenty-Five.

Chapter Twenty-Five.

A week tends to drag on and on forever when your best friend isn't talking to you. I constantly keep having to remind myself that it's only been a week since my fight with Matt. Noah's been around, it's just Matt that is pretty much distancing himself from anyone that knows his secret. He's been hanging out with Jared, Leon, and the rest of his douche bag friends. Or at least, that's what Hardy tells me because it's his way of 'dealing.' Although, neither of us are aware of what he's dealing with.

On Monday, I actually tried to find Adam around school to give him his notebook back because I haven't even had the chance to give it to Matt, due to the fact that he's not talking to me. But, for some reason, I can't find Adam around school at all. He's like nonexistent. Either he's really good at blending in, or he's out with the flu, because I looked everywhere.

Out of nowhere, I feel a pair of arms slip around my waist, while I'm in the lunch line, at school. It's not Matt, so I know it's Noah. Plus, I couldn't confuse Matt's embrace with Noah's, there's too much of a difference. The feeling I get is different.

I knock Noah's arms off of me. "What are you doing?" I whisper-shout.

"Everybody already thinks that you and Matt are over, so...?" Noah says, innocently.

"It's not official yet. I mean, how do I even know, if he won't talk to me...?"

"If he's not talking to you, he's done with you. I mean, I'd at least have the balls to tell you, but we all know that Matt has a different use for his balls..." Noah trails off.

Somebody's bound to hear him. I leave my trey in the lunch room and grab Noah by his shirt and pull him out into the hall, so nobody can hear us.

"Now talk. Quietly," I say, crossing my arms over my chest.

I notice Noah take a quick glance at my boobs. My parents are back home, so I have to wear what my mother buys and her idea of clothes, 'make you look womanly,' whatever that means... Having your boobs exposed, doesn't make you a woman.

"Did your boobs get bigger," Noah teases.

I look down at my lovely, small, sad, B-cups and laugh. "Pshh, I wish."

"Me too," he winks at me.

I hit him playfully on the shoulder. "Stop! We're trying to have an actual conversation," I remind him, in between laughs.

"Where was I... Oh, yeah, that's right," he says, getting back on topic. "Make it 'official' with Matt."

"That's not fair to him, and you know it," I tell him.

"Not fair to him?" he repeats. "It's not fair to you, or me," he points out, sounding frustrated.

"I know," I agree. "Just give me a little more time, so I can sort all of this out."

"What is there to sort out? Matt's gay. I'm not. There, you're done," he chuckles, putting his hands on my hips, pulling me closer.

I smile, putting my hands on his. "It's not that simple. I don't want to stop being friends with him. Him and I have been friends for too long, for us to stay mad at each other, over... you," I explain, quietly, while sliding his hands off of my hips.

"Me...?" Noah questions. "So, this is all my fault...?"

I shake my head. "No, that's not what I'm saying. It's just, what if me and you don't work out and then I lose him, and you."

Noah looks away, in disbelief. I hurt him. Those weren't my intentions at all. I really do... like, maybe even love Noah, with time.

"I hate to tell you this Mily," Noah starts, taking a pause to think. "You've already lost Matt," he informs me. "And you're about to lose me," he adds, walking back into the cafeteria.