Chapter Fifteen.

Chapter Fifteen.

You're too much of a jerk for me too, I think to myself. "Haha, very funny," I smirk at him. It actually is kind of funny. Mostly because it's true.

Noah smiles. "I thought so. I'll see you at lunch," he tells me, starting to walk off.

"No you won't," I correct.

"Who else is going to sit with you, Mily? Matt's MIA and Sara isn't in your lunch. I'm your last resort," Noah reminds me. "I'd walk you to your class, but I think two good deeds is good for one day," he grins.

I smile. "You're already on a role, might as well go for number three."

Noah walks me to my first hour class, I'm late of course, but oh well, I don't really care.

"Ms. Aldridge, how lovely of you to fit us in to your busy schedule," Mr. Kenning says to me, right as I walk in the room. His voice is full of sarcasm. You know, I never really noticed it before, but his hair piece is really bad, I think he has it on backwards.

Don't mention it, I say in my head.

"Excuse me, Ms. Aldridge, what was that?"

Oh crap! Did I say that out loud? I know I'm a smartass, but I never say the things I think. Because it gets me in too much trouble.

"Nothing," I mumble and slip into my seat next to Sara.

"Now as I was saying before I was so rudely interrupted," Mr. Kenning says, going back into his boring lecture. How is this man married? He's so...monotone. I swear if I had his voice, I'd annoy myself every time I spoke.

Sara tugs on the jacket that's still draped over my shoulders. "What are you, street racing now?" Sara whispers. I hadn't really noticed I still had it on. I'm warm and that's all I'm concerned about. "Wait a minute," she pauses, thinking for a minute. Then her eyes widen. "Is that Noah's jacket?"

I nod slowly, confused as to why she's making such a big deal out of it. "Yeah and your point...?"

"Oh nothing, just that your dating his brother!" she whisper yells.

I glance at the jacket, then at her. "Sara, it's just a jacket."

"Yeah, that's where they get you, they give you a jacket, then they ask you to Homecoming and dump you a week right before the dance!" she says too loudly.

"Sara, would you care to share?" Mr. Kenning asks.

She shakes her head. "Sorry, Mr. Kenning."

Oh great, I'm sure I'll be hearing her personal issues later. Got to love Sara...

At lunch, I buy a small bag of cookies and a Yoo-Hoo. I'm kind of in a sweet mood right now. Not to mention that I didn't get my Coco puffs this morning. Why? Because of Noah. Everything's Noah's fault. Global warming, earthquakes in Haiti, you name it, I'm sure Noah contributed.

"Is this seat empty?" A familiar voice asks. I look up from my cooks and see Noah.

"Yeah, and if you sit down my seat will be too," I smirk.

Noah chuckles while sitting in the empty seat next to me. "Mily made a funny."

I laugh. "I was serious."

Noah smiles. "Then why aren't you already walking away?" He got me there. "See? I'm irresistible," he says grinning.

I roll my eyes. "No, you're arrogant," I correct.