1.03 Homosexuality Issues 2

I consider homosexuality 'the basics' mainly because it's the first thing everyone thinks of when they think 'LGBT', so don't be offended, it's just what I think I should talk about first. I'm fully aware there is more than homosexuality.
There are many problems that lesbians face in society today, let's review some of them.

1. It's just a phase, you haven't found the right man yet.
Okay well, are you sure you're straight? Maybe you haven't found the right giraffe yet. Are you sure you're not attracted to giraffes? I know what I like, and I know what I'm going for, please, you cisgender straight individual, don't tell the queer how she feels.

2. Are you sisters?
I guess this one isn't really offensive but troubling.

3. You're a lesbian? But you're so pretty.
Okay, and? Lesbians can't be pretty?

4. You're a lesbian? You don't like me, right?
Everyone has preferences and standards.

5. So if you've only had sex with a woman, does that mean you're still a virgin?
No, it doesn't. You lose your virginity when you've had sex for the first time, not when you've had sex with a man for the first time. Sex is a pleasurably practice, and it does not always involve men. For people to think that is so... selfish. Yanno?

6. So if you're gay, does that mean you like cats? Are you athletic? Why are you so feminine? Are you good with tools?
I hate stereotypes so much. A lesbian is someone who likes women. The definition of lesbian does not involve stereotypes and do you know why? Because any female could be a lesbian. Any female. Please don't assume so much.

7. So who's the man in the relationship?
What? We're lesbians. There's no man. That's the whole point. There's not always a masculine and feminine role in the relationship, because it implies that every relationship is revolved around heterosexuality. And that is so wrong.

8. Oh, so you hate men?
This is very untrue. Men are wonderful, and I appreciate their attractiveness, but that most certainly does not mean I'm attracted to them.

So here are the main problems that gays are exposed to. Like I said in the last entry, don't follow the examples unless you'd appreciated a slap in the face. :) Next entry is about bisexual problems for a female! Thanks for reading.