Chapter 12

Kai

I was running. I felt a sharp pain on my left forearm from where the cut on my human body raked it. The pain was there, but the physical wound was not. I knew that without looking.

Vic flew above me, noticing my limp and quarked in concern. I growled at him to leave me alone. He flew on in silence.

Chris snorted in question and relayed that question into my head. Where are we going?

I snorted, Kitty's cabin. She'll know what to do.

Ryan growled. Good idea. This won't be her first rodeo.

I could hear Leo hiss from Vic's talon grasp. Okay, so we head to Kitty's, but then what?

I didn't know, and I didn't answer. All that I knew was that she's been dealing with people like Anna since she was a fledgling.

We stopped for a while and rested. Our spirits weren't tired, but our physical beings that were sound asleep were taking our beatings. So, when we were running for hours on end and without rest, we had to think of our human bodies, because if we didn't, we'd be waking up to torn muscles and bursted lungs. Not a fun thing to wake up to.

So, we rested for a good hour in the bushes on the outskirts of the city of Vancouver, careful to stay out of sight in case any drivers or pedestrians see a bright glowing aura. My front leg was really beginning to throb and at that moment I figured that I tore the stitches from all the running that I was doing.

Vic dropped down from a low hanging branch to inspect it. He looked at my leg and couldn't see anything wrong with it, so he settled on leaning base of his beak where it hurt most. I growled softly but didn't move away.

We were approximately another two hour run to Kitty's. I looked to the sky to tell the time-the placement of the moon was leaning more the east, almost touching the mountains. Ten thirty ish. I relayed to the rest of the pack and they growled, croaked, and hissed in protest. I snarled for them to keep quiet.  

Our resting time was up. I urged the rest of them to keep moving. We took off further north to the cabin. My fore leg complained most of the way but that was a minor problem. We needed to get to Kitty and fast, and now not just for the sake of getting help to stop whatever was happening-getting to Kitty was our top priority as a fledgling.

Zoey

"Stark! What are you doing?" I was screaming at him to cut it out, but he was stuck as he was like a sculpture. His arrow nocked and ready to fire in the place that Kai once was standing crouched.

"I have no fucking clue, Z. I'm stuck like this and I can't move," he replied through frozen lips.

I looked around at my circle and they seemed just as shocked as I was. Stevie Rae's mouth was agape in a silent O and was almost as stock still as Stark was.

Anna had Artemis escorted out of harm's way and she left with her. An Erebus warrior was running towards us. "Priestess', if you will all please come with me and I will escort you back to your rooms." He turned to Stark. "Stay where you are, warrior," he commanded.

As other Erebus warriors were beginning to show up to take us back to our rooms and quarantine my Warrior, I reached out to at least hold his hand. I could see his muscles tense in a failed attempt to do the same. The last thing that we could do was touch fingertips before an Erebus warrior escorted us all away with only a little force.

'What that hell was that all about?" Aphrodite and Stevie Rae were all on my bed while I was pacing while chewing on my lip.

"I don't know and I can't feel his presence and it's bothering the living poo out of me," I was just about ready to rip my hair out. I thought I was done with dealing with evil.

"Z, I know you're freaking out. But if Stark is withholding the feeling of the bond then he probably doesn't want you to feel and hear what he's thinking," Stevie Rae replied.

"And besides, I've only heard of half of the shit that a warrior has to go through as a formal punishment," Aphrodite piped up from buffing her nails.

That last comment made the hair on the back of my neck stand as straight as a pencil.

"Aphrodite! You're not helping here," Stevie Rae hissed in her Okie twang.

"It doesn't help to know at least a little of the truth of what might be happening?"

"No, Aphrodite's right. I at least have a picture of what's going on." Not really, but at least I think I knew. It didn't really help my nerves, though.

"Look, the warriors are thinking of keeping us on lock down until they're finished with Stark. For the time being, you think they'll let us talk to Artemis?" I knew that Stevie Rae was trying to help, however, I just needed to ground myself.

"No, get Shaunee and Shaylin. We need a circle to calm all of our nerves."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AN

So, I know that this chapter is complete crap and I haven't written squat for the longest time and I apologize for that. Technical difficulties not to mention school.

So, wait for the next chapter and i'll do my best to make something of this story