Chapter 10

Zoey

"I feel like we have not been the utmost truthful to all of you," Kai starts off with when she got up from Ryan's lap on the couch. "Of course, it is not our responsibility to do so, but on this account, maybe that is not quite the case." She shot my circle and everyone in it a look that said, "I can't believe I'm doing this."

"My answer to your question, is yes."

Kai

My insides felt the same as when I was about to do a back flip off the edge of a building, queasy, wormy.

"Myself and the rest of the group that came in the room with me are, indeed, gifted with the affinities of the five elements. Vic there represents Air, Ryan represents fire, Leo represents water, Chris is affinitied with earth." I let my gaze fall on the eyes of Zoey. "And I, myself, am gifted with the representation of spirit."

Zoey had a hand stroking her hair and a look of understanding resting on her facial features. 

Stevie Rae joined in the conversation with, "Is there any powers that you can do to manifest these elements?"

Chris was about to say something that I knew was going to be a big fat lie, but I beat him to it. "Yes, there is a way but it is not the way in which you all think it to be," I stated. "And it is rather difficult to manifest them in these quarters." Not entirely a lie, but it was enough to throw them off at least for a minute or two.

"May we see how you do so then outside, perhaps," a huge Son of Erebus warrior asks beside the one that sees the future and represents water.

"Not at the moment, because we don't want to spoil your breakfast time," Chris butts in.

I looked at the clock in the room. Sure enough, we were all fifteen minutes late to the food hall. and I still needed to feed the dog, as well.

You all escort the high priestess' and their group to the professor food hall, I have to feed Zero and I'll meet you all at breakfast, I told the group in our link.

I didn't get any physical reaction, but I knew that they all got the message.

"With your permission, High priestess Zoey, we shall escort you all to the eating quarters," Chris states.

Before I could hear their answer, I had a window open and dropped onto the ground with a thud, low crouch.  

I opened the window to my dorm and found Kaylee on the floor, choking. Zero was beside her, watching her and snapped his head up when I plopped onto my bed.

"Kaylee?"

I was answered with a gasp. "Kai?"

I ran to her side, pushing Zero aside and barking out. "Zero, fetch Artemis."

He obeyed and flew out his dog door and I could hear his claws clicking down the stairs and barking for the door to be opened. I turned my attention back to Kaylee and cooed for her to relax, that Artemis was coming soon and she should have nothing to worry about.

"I'm dying, Kai. I know it and you know it. It's fine, I had half a thought that this would happen. All about my stupid veggie habits," she coughs out.

"Shh, don't talk, Kaylee. Artemis is coming and soon this'll be all over," I told her.

She let out a snort that turned into her puking up a blood clot. "Meaning that I die choking on my own blood."

Artemis burst into the room before I could retort back and soon she was cradling Kaylee's head in her lap, so I backed out and went straight for the bathroom to puke my guts out.

I stayed in there, not wanting to come out because of how much blood was on the floor. I could hear the murmur of voices on the other side of the door, but I didn't dare try to listen in.

When the talking died down, I heard claws clicking on the floor and a scratch at the door, Zero whimpering for me to let him in. I got up on shaky knees and opened the door enough to let the dog in, and was greeted with a dog and a Vic barging in, closing the door behind him.

I didn't bother with trying to get him out. He's already seen what I look like, and if I pushed him back out, he'd just get the rest of the group involved in getting me to feel better. I bent down to hold Zero who was butting his nose against my thigh, and stroked his white fur. He sat there, a paw attempting to hold me there like he was truly was trying to hug me. I didn't know what emotion to feel.

"So, there was a soft spot in your heart for that veggie, huh," Vic mused.

I snorted.

He didn't say anything more, so he crouched down with me and held both me and Zero in his huge embrace. After a little while, I abandoned Zero and wrapped my arms around Vic's neck instead.

Vic let go of Zero as well and Zero knew when his job was done, so he went out the door and closed it behind him.

Vic and I just stayed like that for the longest time, tears threatening to make an appearance, so I buried my head into the crook of his neck, subtly breathing in the smell of soap and everything that makes Vic.

After what felt five minutes Vic loosened his grip and gestured for me to get up. I did. I knew that if I just looked at Kaylee's body then I would just collapse. I also knew that it would have to be Vic and myself to let Kaylee into the Otherworld. I opened the door and was greeted by Zero licking my hand.

I patted his head and gave his ears a good fondling before letting him heal and going over to my now dead room mate. Vic knelt beside me and let his hand hover just over my own.

"Kaylee," I started with. "You have been a decent room mate and someone that was never all that bad of a person. I apologize that we never saw eye to eye, but I want you to know that I will indeed miss you." Then in lil'wat, my native tongue, "kúkwstum̓ckacw, snukwa7." I let a purple aura glow from my hand and flow into Kaylee's open mouth, sending the signal that her spirit was to come out and leaver her body.

I didn't realize that Zoey and her group were in the room, so when I heard Aphrodite snark out, 'What the hell does that mean," I jumped. But I didn't answer.

"It means, 'thank you, friend,' in Lil'wat," Vic replied for me.

The group went silent at that. It was Vic's turn to send her off. He said something in Cree and he let a yellow color form around his hand and hovered it around Kaylee's chest, pulling out her spirit. We both said in unison, "Merry Meet, Merry Part, and Merry Meet again, Kaylee."

And just like that, Kaylee was gone and all that was left was her body in this dorm room.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AN.

Okay, so yes, I am a Native American and I that was my native tongue that I added to this story. Problem?