Kamie and Kiran VS. Vanity

                Kiran cracked his knuckles, wrists, elbows, shoulder blades and then cracked his neck. Kamie was standing at Kiran's side, holding onto his arm.

                "When you're out of ammo tag me and I'll take this dude out!" Kiran said confidently.

                "Listen closely she's no dude," Kamie said in a low voice to Kiran.

                "Look at her chest," Kamie said, referring to what looked like a young woman's chest.

                Kiran put his hands up and made an X in the air to cancel what he just said.

                "You're on your own, I can't hit girls," Kiran said boyishly.

                "Correct, I am female. My name, the name I took for my existence, is Vanity," The figure, Vanity, said with a deep voice which was created by a device in her mask.

                "And I will pass judgment on the vain," Vanity said.

                "You," Vanity said as she pointed to Kiran.

                "Don't interfere no matter what. Even if this mask comes off, even if she dies, you won't interfere. You've been warned," Vanity said sternly through her mask.

Kiran said nothing but had a wary look on his face. Kamie's hand trembled as she reached for her rubber shotgun in her sweatshirt pocket.

                "HardHearted Intensify!" Vanity shouted.

                Nothing could be seen of how she changed, suggesting that her changes were concealed by her mask and cloak.

                "I'll make your death quick," Vanity said.

                "Why are you purposely targeting me instead of Kiran?" Kamie said, as she held her gun which was still concealed in her sweatshirt pocket.

                "You have the fairest appearance out of everyone in your group. I would go after a male but out of everyone I have seen you are the fairest. And thus the most vain," Vanity said.

                "Vain?" Kamie questioned.

                I'm by far the least vain person in the group, Kamie thought. She was thinking about Rina who always makes superficial comments about everything.

                "You base everything on your appearance and everyday countless others fawn over your beauty. The truth is that your beauty is only skin deep. If you were ever in my situation your world would be ruined. You'd spend thousands of dollars just to change your appearance," Vanity said.

                "I'm sure you don't look that bad. There's gotta be someone who'll be your friend and someone that'll love you for who you are behind the mask," Kamie said sincerely.

                That's what it means to be a hero! At least to me. Kamie thought to herself.

                "I will see if you mean what you say, BEFORE I KILL YOU," Vanity said cruelly. Her voice got especially deep and shaky at the end of the sentence.

                Vanity ran toward Kamie. Kamie quickly pulled out her rubber shotgun and shot two rounds at Vanity. The bullets traveled through the air at high speed but before they got within five inches of Vanity they fell down.