The Creatures

Logan had only ever amazing dragons. Their spiked bodies. The powerful tails full of strange and mysterious colors. Their breath which burns everything and anything in sight. Teeth of razor blades. Dragons were build to kill without mercy. Logan's mind rushed as did his heart.

"No way." He said astonishingly.

The boy with strange hazel eyes spoke, "Its true. There are other creatures too." He seemed to enjoy their unbelieving looks.

The man led them down stairs. They quickly eat break fast he provided and than plodded out front.

Logan notices a woman coming towards them from a small cottage. "Hey I'm Maze. Nel I did not think they were coming this early. I'm the creature keeper. I care for many of these creatures your will soon meet. If there that Deen he is the sea creature keeper of the island." Deen a younger looking man nods in response.

Another older man walks up, "Zapt. I work to insure that all creatures live in peace and seek out creatures in the human world. They call me the seeker. And Nel here is a Dragon-knight and also is in change of safely capturing these creatures and bring them here. He watches and cares for the dragons of the island as well. Who's this little guy." He smiles widely.

Quynn little piercing blue eyes follow the conversation but mostly wonder to the tree tops in search of more dragons.

Fay answers, "Quynn." The only response she offers. Quynn dives behind her shyly.

Deen stepped up, "Follow me." He started walking down a path that led into the dark woods. Logan turned his attention to Fay and followed after the Pine family and the sea keeper. Zapt and Maze tag along as well.

After a few minutes of walking Logan can see a distance break in the trees. Once the reached the break of leaves all that could be seen was crystal colored water. Quynn's eyes rushes around to take in the surrounding.

Deen walks on to the nearest dock and looks into the water. "Quynn come here," he flags him over. Fay and Logan protectively watch. Deen takes his own hand and places it on the water. Quynn watches intently with pure innocence. Deen pulls his hand up effortlessly and the water under follows suit. The water goes up against gravity and rises in strange ways. Forming shapes and structures that tumble to form other ones. It's beautiful to watch all of the group stand memorized.

All until the heads start to apart. From deep below. Mermen and mermaids pop up. Their hair ranging from natural shades of black to golden yellows. The merfolks watch the water. Logan's eyes don't wonder from the water much but once they do he finds the merpeople.

Deen now takes Quynn's hand while still controlling the water to fight gravity. Quynn does not refuse. His hand touches the water with Deen's over it. As he rises it appears that he two contains powers to defy gravity. The higher his little hand gets the closer many merpeople come. But soon the only creature they look at his not just merpeople soon shimmery horse heads rise up as do many other creatures with only one or two of their kind.

The spark blue eyes of Quynn seem to only draw more attention to him. Deen lowers both their hands. The water stops lifting and violently splashes to the ground. Many of the creatures do the same and through themselves under ground. A few mermaids heads remain.

"The child."

"He must already be gifted."

"Who is he anyway?"

One mermaid with extremely long locks of golden hair reached her hand out. "I'm Mirsa." The group of girls giggled childishly.

Another with dark brown wavies gracefully spoke,"I'm Lana." The last one flirtatiously spoke,"I'm Tyde. Nel it has been awhile."

Fay eyed them. Where as Logan was practically was drooling over them. Quynn however has his eyes fixed on a horse striding towards the shore and as its coat touched the air it transformed from scales to fur and from a tail to legs. The shimmering black horse pranced all the way to shore and than walked to a nearby field of grass. Quynn was so fascinating. He wanted so bad to put his small hand on the beauty and stroke his nose.

While the group talked to the mermaids Quynn slipped away. It was fairly easily their eyes were transfixed on them. He swiftly slipped away and entered the field. He spotted the horse immediately. It was hard to miss darkness with the glare of the sun sparking of the horse. Quynn creep up to the horse. The horse eyed him as he got closer its eyes followed him. The horse remember him from earlier. The pitch black horse lowered his head to the young boy.

The moment Quynn's hand touched the surface of the horse. Something he had never felt before filled him with emotion. The horse looked straight into his sharp blue eyes. Quynn giggled happily. The horse seemed to be sending him emotions. Quynn felt like he was right with the horse experiencing the pictures he signaled to him. Quynn smiled ear to ear. The horse continue to let him stroke him.

Suddenly the boys feeling stopped. Quynn felt the need to turn around. The old man stood there so did Fay and Logan. He wanted to tell them all about it.

Nel's shocked face interrupted his thoughts, "He's been Imprinted." His face was filled with worry and mixed curiosity.

Nel thought nervously. How could a child get imprinted so quickly. It normally takes years of trust.