Chapter 4-Advice

.oO Josh's POV Oo.

Melody sung the lyrics I gave her.

"That was great Melody! Better than me!"

"Thanks Dad!" Melody smiled.

"Okay well. I think I have what I needed!" Melody and I walked out of my recording studio, and to my car. We started driving.

"Melody,"

"Yea?"

"What's up?"

"The sky." She sarcastically said. I smiled.

"No, I mean. What's up with you. I know something's bothering you."

"It's the people at school, dad."

"What's wrong with the people?"

"They're all so judgmental! All of them think I'm related to you because of my last name! I hate it! Can I please just move to China?"

"What's so bad about them knowing? It's who you are, Melody."

"Because! My friend. The other day she finally asked if I was related to you, I said no. And she just walked away. People only want to get close to me, because they want to know you."

"I'm sorry Melody. I know life can be hard sometimes. Believe me. But it gets better! Just look at me for example. When I was your age, I started self harming, I started starving myself, experimenting with drugs. But look at me now."

"Why do you have to bring that up in every conversation we have together? I get it! You made the wrong choices! Blah! Blah! Blah! I won't make the same choices you did!"

"I'm sorry." I continued to drive. "Now. Can you tell me whats really up? I know you Melody. A little thing like that would bother you." She sighed.

"The dance is coming up."

"Has anybody asked you?"

"Nope. Nobody likes me dad."

"Well. I'm your father, and I really don't encourage this. But why don't you ask someone?"

"I just said, nobody likes me. They won't go with me."

"There's no harm in asking. Do you know how much courage I had to gather up before I finally asked your mom out? It took me 22 years of my life."

"You just don't have moxy!" She laughed.

"There's the Melody I know!" I drove in a parking lot. I parked the car.

"Mini golf, dad. Really?"

"You used to love it when you were younger!"

"Used to is the key word."

"Just give it a try. Please!"

"Fine." Melody smiled. We both got out of the car.

~~~

"So, who are you going to ask to the dance?" I asked.

"Noel Cavanaugh."

"What's he like?"

"He's a in grade ten. Brown spiked hair, brown eyes, plays on the lacrosse team, nice, funny, and a jock."

"Older, hey?"

"Yes dad."

***

"So how was today?" Lizzie asked.

"Good! Dad and I went to the studio and recorded my voice. We went the mini golf place. Lunch, the zoo, and supper. We also had a good conversation. And no fangirls!"