Chapter 5-Party!

.oO Melody's POV Oo.

*Time Passage*

My English teacher walked by my desk and laid my test down facedown. She walked to the front of the room. I turned my test over. A big capital F was marked in red pen at the top of my page.

"Most of you past. Others... Not so good. Our next unit will be on The Scarlet Letter. I want you to read the first five chapters. A two page essay will be due on Monday on the first five chapters." She continued to talk and handout a copy of The Scarlet Letter to everyone. I ignored her and doodled in my notebook.

The bell rang.

"Melody. Can I see you at my desk for a minute?" I put my notebook, book, test, and pen in my bag, and walked to her desk.

"Melody. You know your grades have dropped drastically."

"I know."

"Is there something wrong at home?" Yes.

"I'm having a but of family troubles." Which is not a complete lie. But I knew the truth why my grades dropped. I simply didn't care anymore. I just wanted to be with Chris; all day every day. I, I think I love him. No, no, no. Melody! You can't love Chris. No way in hell. I don't care how good his soft lips feel against mine, how his hand fits in mine like its meant to be, they way I get lost on his eyes, the way- fuck.

"You know your parents will have to sign your test, right?"

"I know." I mumbled, then walked out of the classroom. I checked the time.

Yes.

One more period, then schools out for the day. I can spend the rest of the day with Chris. Maybe go get high. I walked to my locker.

"Melody Ramsay to the front office. Melody Ramsay." Maybe not! I walked to the front office. Chris greeted me with a kiss. Noel walked by and saw us kissing.

I think Noel was jealous when Chris and I went to the dance together. Especially when we started slow dancing. Dad didn't know about Chris. And I'm planning to keep it that way for awhile. Dean did not approve of Chris at all. But what say does he have? He's not my father!

"Hey Melody." Noel said.

"Hi Noel." I came off sounding more annoyed then I wanted. Chris and I walked out of the school. He held my hand. Chris dropped out of school. So he usually comes and picks me up early or after school.

"I got an F on my English test." I said.

"Do you care?"

"Not really! But I need my parents to sign it." Chris and I walked to our regular hangout spot. Casey, Brandon, and Anthony were all there. Anthony handed me some weed.

I love this.

"Can you guys give us some privacy?" Chris said. Everyone got up and left. After everyone left Chris kissed me.

After we finished up, Chris and I left. We walked to Chris's old high school. The sun was starting to set. He sat down on the ground against the brick wall. I sat in front of him.

"Chris?"

"Yes beautiful?" I love it when he calls me that.

"Can I tell you something?"

"Of coarse!" I took a deep breath. I trusted him enough to tell him my secret.

"My dad is Josh Ramsay. Of Marianas Trench."

"I know."

"What?"

"Well, I know your last name's Ramsay. And every time I bring up famous people, bands, or your last name you get uncomfortable. So I had a feeling." Oh god. I love him.