Chapter 6

As I am writing this chapter I am watching the news on what happened in Paris. Everyone Pray for Paris!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He sat on my bed as we stared at each other. I didn't know where to begin. My thoughts were kinda jumbled with what I was gonna say first. I mean even though the date was a disaster I don't think he wanted to hear about that.

"So."he started and I took a deep breath.

"So you know how my dad left me before my sister was born right?"I asked and he nodded."Well I still have no clue why and apparently Lacey knew why. I didn't believe her but she said it was because my mother slept with a bunch of guys for money because my dad got unemployed. My dad didn't know what she was doing and then when he found out he left."He placed his hand on top of mine and my breath got shaky.

"That's why you were crying?"he asked and I shook my head wiping the tears that fell.

"She was planning on telling the whole school and she came into the bathroom yesterday."I sighed as I thought of all the worst possibilities of his reaction would be."She hit me." I looked away from him not ready to see his reaction. His grip on my hand got tighter and more tears fell form my eyes.

"Why didn't you tell me Addison."he growled and I winced at his tone.

"Because I was afraid what you would do. I mean you need to be dating Lacey."I sighed and he pulled me into his chest.

"Addie you are my best friend."he sighed. "I don't want someone in my life that hurts you." A smile crept on my face and I let out a sigh of relief. I had no clue why I was so worried about his reaction. He is my best friend and should have known he would have believed me.

"I'll be right back okay."he whispered in my ear."I am gonna break up with her." I nodded and pulled away laying back on my bed.

~

I woke up with my phone chiming. I took it off the charger seeing it was 10 in the morning.

'Wanna go swimming'

It was a text from Dylan and I looked through my window seeing him waiting for me. I nodded and shut my curtains so I could get dressed. I changed into a blue floral bikini and grabbed my towel from the shelf. I picked out some dark blue high waisted shorts and a red crop top putting the clothes on. I brushed through my hair getting rid of the tangles. I pulled it into a high pony tail and didn't bother with makeup even though I looked like a zombie since I just got up. I walked downstairs seeing my mom baking something.

"Hey mom."I said and she looked up from her cook book and smiled.

"Morning sweetie."

"I'm gonna head over to Dylan's were thinking about swimming."I told her.

"Oh great bring this to Samantha."she exclaimed handing a clear container with a white lid. Inside the container were my moms famous chocolate chip cookies. I nodded before walking towards the door.

"Ad."Alyssa called and I looked down at her.

"Yes."I said bending over so I was at her level.

"Mommy wouldn't give me a cookie."She pouted."So can you give me one please." At first I wasn't gonna give it to her but she pouted her lip and used the doggy eyes.

"Yeah."I chuckled opening the container and handed her one."Now this is gonna be our little secret."She giggled and ran up to her room. Dylan opened the door and hugged me pulling me inside.