Chapter 7

"Hey do you mind coming with me to the mall?"I asked Dylan and he looked at me.

"Why did Lucy get tired of hanging around you?"He said."Cause I sure am."

"Hey."I hissed and he chuckled."Never mind."

"I'm kidding."He sighed. "I will go shopping with you."He pulled onto the freeway and I smiled.

"Thank you."I grabbed my bag and took out the envelope placing it on my lap."I need a dress for my sweet sixteen."

"With what money."I glared at him.

"My grandma gave me money."I crossed my arms over my chest and stared out the window."I know that my family isn't the richest but that doesn't mean I can't afford a nice dress."

"Sorry if I offended you."he sighed gripping the steering wheel tighter."I didn't mean too."

"It's fine."

The rest of the car ride was silent and filled with awkwardness. The tension was really weird and something I never experienced around him. I mean Dylan made me feel safe most of the times except the times where I had to cautious around him after he broke my arm. We reached the mall and we walked in find he closest dress store. There was a ridicules amount of glitter on one dress that was covering the floor.

"Ugh."I heard him groan and I turned towards him seeing Dylan cover in glitter from the dress he bumped into. I let out a little laugh and continued to look for a dress that would shout me. I mean I am not a big person with dresses I rarely wear dresses. I had to find a pink or purple dress since that's what my grandma wrote on the invitations.

Mom- Your Grandma had a dress held to the side for you. Just ask the girl at the cashier under the name Addison Ryan.

I tapped on Dylan's shoulder motioning him to follow me. I walked up to the girl and she noticed us and smiled.

"Hi I have a dress held for me under the name Addison Ryan."I questioned and she nodded going into the back room.

"You did?"Dylan asked.

"My grandma picked it out."I replied and he nodded. The lady came out with a bag slung over her arm. She handed it to me and I opened the bag seeing a beautiful light pink dress with diamond gems. [The picture up top]

"I am gonna try this on."I told Dylan and he nodded.

"I am gonna sit here."he said sitting on a chair outside the dressing room. I took off my shirt and shorts slipping on the dress. It fell down the floor but wasn't too long that it would be dragging across the floor. It was a strapless dress and wasn't too loose that it would fall which would be really bad. I walked out to where Dylan was seeing to get the lady's opinion.

"Addie you look."He stammered looking at me."Beautiful."I smiled feeling my cheeks heat up.

"Oh my gosh that dress fits you perfectly."The lady exclaimed.

"Well I guess I will buy it.I sighed and walked back to the dressing room unzipping the dress and slipping my clothes back on. I hung it back on and walked towards the cashier paying the amount she told me.

"I see you have some extra money."he said and I gave him a strange look.

"I know I see I have eyes."

"I mean don't you wanna buy that necklace."He pointed to a window that had a beautiful diamond necklace.

"Dylan I can't afford that."I sighed.

"Oh look my favorite store is having a sale."He said walking away from me. He was so weird sometimes.

"Meet me at the food court!"I shouted.