Authors Note (-:

Hello!!

A lot of you are upset and I honestly expected that.

When I first thought of this story it was going to be the most cliché story I could write. Boy loves his idol, idol notices him, idol falls in love with said boy who is a major fan, and that's how it would've ended. Something that has been done before, and I didn't want that.

I talked to Julie a lot on what I wanted to happen and she gave me so many helpful pointers. So I took a different direction, I made it into something a fan struggles with, something I personally have seen or dealt with in a fandom or wish upon myself and what I dream of happening.

Chasing Clifford was meant to focus on the reality of things. That these things never actually happen to a lot of us. You dream of it happening, dating your favorite band member or even just meeting the ones you love most, but it doesn't always happen.

Most times you have a close friend that shares the same love and you bond over it. In this case Luke has Logan. Now from the start they've always been close, but Logan started to realize after the whole Lucas incident and seeing Luke this sad over Michael, it hurt him mentally and physically, and it kinda all started to make sense in the end. That he's always kind of felt something towards his best friend and it took Michael getting a girlfriend for him to notice, for Luke to feel this heartbreak over his sunshine, for him to even notice all he really needed was Logan.
That's why Logan and Luke ended up together. Because if you think about it, most people end up falling in love with their best friend, it's something that happens and it's adorable and it's real.

Also, if you paid attention to the title it's literally saying Luke is chasing after Michael. He chased but he never got him. (-:

But, I did see that some were saying this wasn't muke, and I see where you're coming from but I believe that this was most definitely a muke story, but muke doesn't necessarily have to be endgame for it to fall under that category.

If you're not happy with the ending, I'm honestly not sorry about it and I won't change the ending to make a few people happy. When I'm perfectly okay with it. I'm extremely proud of this story and how far it has come in such a short amount of time.
And I want to thank you all for reading it, commenting, and voting on every chapter. thank you thank you thank you!

love you guys! <3

-Bethany