CHAPTER 8 : APOLOGY

KAI'S POV

I'm walking straight to the hall. Ahhhh. This heart beating so fast. Eottoke. I was so close to the door and suddenly stop. Ahhhh I don't think I'm prepared. I turned around and walk back but stopped again. Suddenly, Sehun appeared in front of me and held my shoulders with his eyes piercing to mine.

"Be a man and talk to her!"

I blinked my eyes and there's no one in front of me. Uwa just imagination. Wow Sehun your words haunting me.

So, I turned back and walked confidently to the hall. They were all discussing then Xiumin noticed me.

"Kai!"

The girl in front of him slowly turned around and there I see that beautiful face I wanted to see everyday. I walked slowly towards her. I saw her face. She seemed hesitated but she walk towards me anyway. People around us are looking but I don't think I care. I'm thinking of what to say to her. I can't just blurt out that I miss her so much. Haha. Still a coward, am I?

She's already standing close in front of me. She smiled a little and asked carefully, "How are you? How have you been doing?"

I smiled and said, "Never been better. I'm glad you care."

"Of course I would."

"We need to talk." I said clearly.

"Geurae." She nodded.

I looked at Lay before I went out. I just nodded to him and he did the same. But I noticed he looked rather mad. I can see fire in his eyes. Truth be told...

Knock knock knock!!

Aish nugu?! My head hurts. Who is  that not considerate coming to a patient with loud knocks. Sehun was out. I opened my eyes just to encounter the eyes full of anger.

"You. Geumanhe. Stop treating Nana so unfairly."

"Lay?"

"I can't see she's hurting. She was always cheerful."

"Wait she talks about me to you?"

"DON'T CHANGE THE SUBJECT!" He raised his voice. He sighed and closed hus eyes.

He looked up to me and said, "I would like to have a fair and wise competition. But if you still make her like this she still couldn't get over it although she knows it makes her unhappy." Then, he walked away.

Oh he didn't. He declared war to me. My possiveness just came out of me. I pumped my fists hard.

"Kai." Nana called out.

I coughed. "Sorry I spaced out." Oh we're at outside the hall already.

"Kai, biyane..I treated you bad. I didn't meant to. I was worried when I heard you got into accident. I.."

I stopped her with a hug. She was stiff. I smoothed her hair. "Shhh..I was wrong. Not you. Please forgive. I'm so sorry."

Then, I felt her small hands patted my back. "De..Kai. You are already forgiven. Umm..Kai?"

"Hmm?" I hummed while pulling back.

"About that day...It's true that I have feelings. You..make me my heart flutter.." She blushed while looked down fidgeting her hands.

Ohhh noo I don't want to hope much it this makes me flushed too.

"But.." Yup I know she would say that! "Hajiman..maybe it is not the time yet. I feel like this is not the time to..fall in love. I'm afraid it would ruin our friendship just like last few weeks."

I stared at her longingly. She looked at me. I smiled gently and nodded. I'm just gonna start from here and slowly make you fall for me again, Nana."

...................................................................................

NANA'S POV

I'm meeting Lay today at the cafe he works. I'm getting part-time job!!! Well only for weekends. Heehehheheh. So Lay gotta teach me everything there. I went there and he told me where the staff locker is. Then he went outside at the cashier. I prepared myself, tied my hair up and wore the apron. Wuuuu I looked nice haahhah. One look on the mirror then I went out.

Lay was taking an order at the cashier when the customers were already paying. He turned and saw me.

"Oh you all done. Hmmm wait."

He went close AND HIS HAND WENT AROUND MY WAIST! DUPDAPDUPDAP

"There is a way tie this apron. First you tie one back than you bring both in front at the abdomen then..you tie the knot."

"K-k-komawo.." My head was down and I just couldn't meet his eyes. I don't know what is he doing staying longer but I was begging inside for him to start talking already!

"Uh-um!" He coughed. He looked flustered too. "Ummm let's try make some drinks first since we have a customer."

I tried the steps of making the coffee ordered. First for cappucino. I tried handling the foam and sprinkle the choco powder. Then, caramel milk. I made a perfect heart shaped on top of the foam. Lastly, Mocha Frappe but I keep failing on the whipped cream.

"Hahhhh I can't!"

"No try it again. You hold the cream can..."

Suddenly, I felt one hand on my shoulder and another the whipping cream too. ON TOP OF MY HAND.

Here we go again heat at my cheeks. Ahhhhh this flustered me so much. Eottoke!

"You hold it like this. At this angle. Then, spin your hand around too."

My heart is beating so fast! The day went by smoothly with some of my first day of work fails. We closed the cafe with our boss, Miss Kwon Ga Yoon.

"Nana, do you need a ride?" She asked with a smiley. She is very pretty. Even her bodyline. You can imagine her as BoA. SERIOUSLY!

"Anyimida. My house is just in this neighbourhood. I'm fine."

"Ok. Be careful bye." She waved at us. Both me and Lay bow first and then waved.

We walked together to my home. I bid goodbye and walked into my room and washed up. Although I'm tired, I need to complete my homeworks. So, this has been my routine every weekend.

But one day, something changed..Lay keep avoiding me. We worked so well together but he's avoiding me. This is so not him. I confronted him and asked if he's okay. That was one of the night he send me back.

"Bye Nana."

"WAIT!"

Lay turned around with a questioning look.

"You know that we were getting indifferent, right? I can't help it not asking this question. What's wrong with you? Did I do wrong? We spent most our time together but you keep avoiding me I noticed that so pleaseeee tell me! Or don't you like me as friend?"

"YES!" Lay blurted out.

"Mwo?" Nana was so confused is Yes for which one. But her heart beats so rapidly that she felt like she might collapsed anytime from now.

"Yes. I don't like you as a friend. I like you as a girl. Nana, I like you.." And Lay gained his courage to look at Nana in the eyes.

AUTHOR'S NOTE :
BOOM!!! HEY SORRY I HAVEN'T UPDATED THE STORY FOR SO LONG SINCE I WAS BUSY WITH MY UNIVERSITY'S CLASSES ALREADY STARTING EARLY THIS MONTH. BUT WELL IT'S HOLIDAY NOW SO I WON'T FORGET YOU READERS WHO WAITED SO LONG HUHHHH.
HAPPY NEW YEARRRR!!!!!!!!