Tiger's Eye

Preface

        I stalked the deer, prowling low to the ground. I tilted my head to the side to listen better. Just as I got close to the deer a loud shot sounded and the deer sprinted away. I growled in frustration. I slid through the underbrush to see who stole my prey from me. I tensed, hunters were here I must tell my family. I spun around to rush away.

        As I spun I found myself face to face with a young hunter. His eyes widened with nervousness at the sight of the large white tiger in front of him. I growled and his fingers automatically tightened around the gun he was holding. Oh no I backed away but not quick enough. the bullet slammed into my right shoulder. I growled once more before the pain set in.

         His eyes were even wider when he witnessed the tiger turn into a teenage girl. The shock of the wound had caused me to shift. I thrashed around on the ground. more men gathered around me as my convulsions grew wilder. The bullet must have been made out of Karna. Karna is a special type of steel that is poisonous to the Carai, or weretigers.

         I noticed the men clustering around me were not holding regular hunting rifles, but my delirious brain was trying to tell me that they looked something like automatic machine guns. A tall dark haired man leaned down and  inserted some thing that sharply pricked into my arm.  I started to feel dizzy and just before I passed out i realized that they coudn't be hunters because things just didn't match up.