Abduction Chap. 1 (part 1)

I woke groggily, my left shoulder stiff and burning. I tried to move it and sharp pains danced up and down my arm. The pain made my vision blur. I blinked to clear it. I scanned my surroundings while trying not to move my arm. I was in a large clear room. The walls looked to be made out of some type of metal. I was on a sort of cot tucked into a corner of the room.

      A door opened at the other end of the room and I tried to sit up. I hissed through my teeth when I realized I was strapped down. I recognised some of the men that walked in as being from the forest. There were others I didn't recognise. They either hadn't been there or I just didn't recognise through the agonizing pain. The young guy that had shot me was here.

       I growled at him, and he flinched back. A tall guy that I recognised as the leader put a hand n his shoulder and said,"easy Gabriel." " I'm okay, Shawn." Gabriel stammered stepping out from under Shawn's hand.  Gabriel had black hair, green eyes, and was around six something feet tall. Shawn stepped forward and motioned toward the restraints holding me down.

      "Sorry for those. Just a precaution, I assure you. As soon as you prove yourself trustworthy those will be removed." I growled again. " I have to prove myself trustworthy to you. Your the ones who shot me. Why should I have to prove anything to you?" Many of the men flinched at the sound of my clear high voice. Probably not what they expected after the deep throaty sound of my growls.

        Shawn stepped forward and started unfastening the restraints. One of the men stepped forward and conversed in a whisper that I wouldn't of been able to hear if I was human. "Are you sure that's a good idea?" Shawn answered loud enough for everybody to hear," She's right. She doesn't have to prove anything to us. Besides she's injured, there's not much she could do to us even if she decided to attack us. There's  twenty-four of us and one of her."

         He finished undoing the straps and walked back a few steps. To give me room I suppose. I cautiously sat up winceing as I moved my shoulder. Shawn must of seen the pain on my face because he hastened to say, "If you will allow us to tend to your injuries. We were going to while you were out, but you woke up much sooner than we thought you would."

         I thought it over. I was going to need a fully functional body if I was going to escape from here. I nodded cautiously and slowly stood up. Shawn seemed to have a thought because he turned to me and asked. " What's your name?" I debated whether or not to answer. Shawn didn't seem to want to hurt me or my family. Either way even if he is dangerous telling him my name couldn't harm my family.

          "Vanessa Kain" I replied. He grabbed my good arm, but let go when I stiffened. He motioned for me to follow him. I walked behind him out of the metal room. We walked down the long hallway. Shawn led me to another room. This room had warn blue walls and a sand colored carpet. A short man with a stern face came over to us and told me to sit down in one of the chairs. I did and the man who Shawn told me was Dr.Smith started to examine my shoulder.