Vet (Chap. 2 part 1)

I sighed as I got to my feet. I loved the thrill shifting brings but I wasn't looking forward to this shift. With the pain I already have in my arm, it wasn't going to be fun stretching and conforming my bones and musclesto the shape of a huge tiger. I was about to shift when I noticed a curious gleam in Dr.Smith's eyes. I stopped and looked at him for a second before he said. "What? I'm curious i've never been blessed enought to see a girl turn to tiger. If you were me you would be staring also." I shook my head silently at his little outburst.

I closed my eyes and searched my mind for the current. When I found it I envisioned myself jumping into it headfirst and growled as sudden pain shocked my system. My bones cracked and popped growing and lengthening. My hair spread across my body forming stripes. My injured arm hurt worst the burning pain almost overwhelming me as it violently ripped through all my nerves seemingly tripling and quadrupling as my body became further along in the change. Right before my change was complete I opened my eyes and my vision cleared sharper than before.

I saw Shawn rush into the room, disappointment crossing his face as he realised that he had missed my shift. I swung my head around and looked at the doctor. His jaw was hanging open as he stared at me in shock. After I recovered from the change I utilized the gift all my family has. I established a link between me and my family. Their crazed and worried voices bombarded me as soon as the link was there. I quickly filled them in on what had happened. I told them that I didn't' think these people were a danger to me or them, but that I would try to keep in touch with them.

After the link faded away from between us I initiated one between Shawn an I. I saw him jump as he felt my mind touch him. Did you think I would have no way to communicate. How degrading! I said repeating his words from earlier. He spoke. "How are you doing this?" You don't have to speak out loud just focus on the thought you want me to hear and I will pick up on it. I could tell from his thoughts that he didn't feel comfortable with that idea.

So, when is the vet going to get here?

I asked impatiently. "Uh, I actually was about to call her when I was sidetracked." He said, blushing like crazy. He pulled out a small cell phone. he dialed a number and asked. " Hey Judith, will you come and examine and tend to an animal for us? It's urgent." He added on the urgent part after he realised that my shifting had made the wound reopen and blood was turning the white fur red. My hearing was good enough that I could hear her say, 'Of course." and hang up.

I cocked my head at him and gave him a tiger frown.Your not even going to warn her are you?"Of course not. Where is the fun in that?" He said playfully. I could tell from his thoughts though that he had forgotten I was a tiger. He looked embarrassed so I left him alone and spent my time picking information out of his mind. The vet that was coming was named Judith Hayes and she was very nice and about twenty. I was puzzled over that I might not understand human society that well but even I knew that twenty years old was a very short time for a human to graduate high school and several years of college.

How is she a vet at that age?

I questioned him. He avoided the question. "Where your clothes go when you shift?" I'll answer your questions after you answer mine. I growled at him. he threw his hands up in defeat. "Well, she looks to be about twenty, but she has been twenty for a really long time. She's a Hadar. Or in other words she is a witch." He stopped hastily as I growled and stepped backwards away from him, my long tail flicking in anxiety. "Whoa, hold on. She isn't a real witch. I just called her that for want of a better name for what she is. Promise not to judge her and let her have a chance to explain what she is. I'm sure she will do a much better job explaining than I can."

I lay down on my uninjured side and said. I'm not making any promises, but I will try to listen before I judge. Since you answered my question I will now answer yours if they are within reason. The answer for the question you already asked is that when I shift my clothes pass through the fabric of this world an wait in the next while I am a tiger. That is why they have to be non-man made cotton. This world won't let them through if they are man made. What is your next question?

He was about to ask another question when there was a knock on the door. He sprang up from the chair he was sitting on and I sprang up from my comfy laying down position. I hissed when the quick movement made more blood gush from the wound.i turned my eyes toward the door. Shawn went to open the door. I swept my eyes around the room, realising that Dr.Smith was still here and also realising I must have been unconsciously broadcasting my thoughts because he hurriedly finished scribbling in his notebook and also stood up.

Shawn opened the door and a lovelyyoung lady that must of been Judith Hayes sauntered through the doorway. She walked over to a stainless steel table and st up her stuff. After it was set up she turned around and said. "Alright where is the anim....." her voice trailed off as she saw me.