Chapter 3

My sixth grade year is quite confuising and a big misunderstanding between my old friend Gloria and me. One day in P.E. we were sitting inside our gym playing volleyball with a really big volleyball and we had to sit down. there was two classes of about 50 students and each class was a team. For our team, Gloria and me were sitting in the second to back row. So we didn't get a lot of action. We starting talking and she was telling me what she thinks of all the guys in our P.E. class. When she got to a guy named David, who sitting three people over to the right of me and back one row, she said "Hey you guys would make a cute couple!" I turned around and looked at him, then turned back around to look at Gloria. I lowered my eyebrows, squinted my nose, and buckled my top lip, letting her know that I thought he was ugly. She looked at my face and continued to say that we should go out; as if my face was not ugly enough when she said his name the first time. I said "No." David had red hair, was VERY pale, and he was not buff at all, what so ever. I think he was kind of short at the time too. She ignored my answer and called David. He looked at her and she motioned her hand in a way of telling him to come over to us. He and his friend, Aaron, came over to us and Gloria asked him, "Would you ever go out with Miranda?" Her looked at me and i was shaking my head no. He looked back at Gloria and slowly said, "Umm... No..." He looked back at me and then back to Gloria. Then his friend Aaron whispered in his ear loudly, "come on just do it and then break up with her when P.E. ends. Im really bored." I gave Aaron a look that kind of had the expresion of "Really? Did you really just say that?" David looked at Aaron and smiled then looked back at Gloria and said, "Accutually yeah, I would." But before i could say anything our teacher told us to get up and go to the locker room to change into our normal clothes. i was stepping out of the door when someone grabbed my hand, I looked to see who it was and it was David. But i couldn't tell him that i didnt want to go out with him and that it was all a misunderstanding because the guys had to go the other way to get to their locker room and he left. After i got dressed i was looking for him and then Aaron came over to me and said that he wanted to break up with me. I was perfectly fine with that and i continued the rest of my year normally except Gloria and me stopped talking and stopped being friends. David has not had a girlfriend that wasn't a compete and total slut, since he went out with me for five seconds.