Chapter 4

This crush was a BIG heartbreaker. I was in seventh grade and his name was Kodiak. We had one out of six classes together that year, and that one class was P.E. I started liking him in the beginning of January. In seventh grade we were aloud to go to the school dances. So in February, there was a Valentines Day dance named "P.S. I Love You" and I was hoping desperately to have him ask me to go with him. So about a week and a half before the dance I had my friends start talking to him, trying to see if he was going to ask me, but he wouldn't tell them anything. So one month before the dance I finally asked him if he liked me. He dodged the question. I asked a few more times and he kept changing the subject. So I just turned around, said "know what, forget it" and I started walking away. He caught up to me and said "fine, Miranda, will you please go to the dance with me?" my heart was frozen. I actually managed to speak and I said yeah. Even though I couldn’t see myself I knew that I was blushing and smiling big time. Then, at the dance he gave me a pink, heart-shaped card. It said something like "Miranda, you are amazing and beautiful! Will you please go out with me?" But don’t quote me on that because I threw it away and don’t really remember it exactly. Anyways, I said yes. The weekend came and went and Monday came along. As soon as I stepped inside the school gates, my friends ran towards me and were shouting "Miranda! Kodiak is telling his friends...!" but I couldn’t hear the last few words since they were all shouting at once. So I pulled my best friend at the time, Baylee, aside and I asked her what happened. She told me "Kodiak is telling his friends that he never even asked you out!" I was heartbroken and very scared because I trusted baylee so I didn’t think she was lying, but it never occurred to me that he would be so mean. So I asked him and he had no recollection of him asking me out. After that I knew Baylee was telling the truth, I was heartbroken, very angry at him, and kind of embarrassed. We didn’t talk to each other until towards the beginning or eighth grade when we sat next to each other in science. I will never forget what he did.