(6)Status: In A Relationship?!

"WHAT?!GIRLFRIEND?! YOURS?! CHAEL, YOU'RE JOKING RIGHT?"

"Meann,I knew you will act this way. This is why I want to tell you personally."

"Because,it's not just a simple pretend. Even in front of our family and friends, we need to act. I don't understand. Why do we have to do that?"

"It is because my step mom wants me to date and marry the daughter of her best friend. You know that I value marriage and I want to spend the rest of my life with the woman I love."

"I know but didn't you try to talk about this with your dad? I'm sure tito will understand."

"That's the thing. My dad has been blinded by his love towards mom that he's okay with it. That's why I thought that if I would introduce a girlfriend, she will stop nagging me about it."

"No offense Chael but what makes you think that the girl that tita wants you to meet is not the one? Have you met her?"

"I did once. She's the contrary of my dream girl. She's too much to handle. I think that she's someone you can't trust with responsibilities."

"Wow!From that meeting, you were able to discover so many things about her. I'm not going into deeper details of what you think about her.But here's your conclusion. You want me to pretend we're in a relationship to avoid the so called fixed marriage thing. Right? But haven't you realized that by asking me to fake a relationship with you, it's just the same with what Tita Margo wants you to do? I mean marry someone and let the feelings grow as time pass by"

Chael does seem to understand my point. He looked away and think then he said, " That's the thing. I'm sure I won't fall in love with the girl or any other girl."

I think I saw him blushed. But is it just my thinking? Anyway, I became more intrigued. He sounded so firm that he won't fall in love with anyone.

"You know you sounded so confident. How come you're so sure you will not fall in love? Are you in love with someone already?"

Chael didn't answer but instead he smiled and I saw the happiness in his eyes as he imagines the girl he loves. I feel a hurting sensation despite knowing that I don't have the right for even if he doesn't say a word, his silence and his expression proved that he already have someone in his heart. Wait?! Why do I sound like someone who'sin love with him?! No, No, forget about it, Meann. What your're feeling is a sense of sympathy to your dear friend because of his situation. My thoughts was interrupted by Chael.

"Hello,Meann!! Earth to Meann please respond." Chael said while waving his hands.

"Ahh,Yes. I'm sorry." I looked down on my lap and held my skirt.

"It's okay. So, what do you say?" He looked at me with his puppy eyes.

"Uhmm,pardon if I may ask. What if you ask the girl you love? Maybe she will agree." I asked him hoping to hear that he did but got rejected.

I saw him hesitate again. He looked into my eyes then from left to right and back and so. He sounded so unsure on what to say. I just waited for his reply. I'm feeling nervous as well because of his reaction. Finally, he took a deep breath and said.

"I haven't told her yet that I love yo.. I mean that I love her. But your cooperation will play a big role. With you in we'll be able to kill two birds with one stone." He looked at the sky and smiled once again.

I felt a sting in my heart again. He looked so in love. The girl is so lucky. Chael is a good guy. Wait!! Meann, stop! You're not jealous!!You're just thinking that you might lose him as a friend. That's it.Relax, Meann!! Anyway you just need to help him and everything will be alright. You're still going to be his precious friend.

"Meann,I would understand if you need time to think. I would even understand if you will say no. But please, say yes. You're the only person I can rely on this." He looked at me while trying to hold back his tears.

"Chael,it's okay. You don't have to plead or even cry just to hear me say yes. I just want to know what's happening and now that I heard the story, I totally understand the decision you had made."

I held his hands and he looked at me in the eye in return.

"Like you said, we're friends and you've been a very good and reliable friend. And like what you're hoping to hear, I agree. I will cooperate to your plan."

He smiled at me. He suddenly stood up and walked towards me and hugged me.

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you very much, Meann!! You're the best. So does that mean you're mine and I'm yours now?"

I blushed and heard a small laugh. He returned back to his seat and said,

"Just joking. I do know my limits. But still you need to get used to it so that people especially my step mom would not think it's a fraud."

I stood up and said,

"Yeah,don't worry. I'll get used to it pretty soon. Chael, if you don't mind, let's go home. It's a bit late already and we still have class tomorrow."

He looked at his watch and gasped, " Yeah you're right. Well then let me pay the bill and i'll take you home."

We both walked towards the counter. I left him there and went to the parking space where his car was parked.

I don't understand myself. I feel something strange. Am I hurt,jealous, excited? Ughh!! I don't know anymore. Why am I feeling this way? I hope someone can tell me. I was too focused on my conversation with myself that i didn't noticed that Chael had already opened the door for me until he said, "Shall we?"

And so I sat down. He closed the door and went to the driver's seat. The entire trip home was quiet. Not even one of us decided to talk until I arrived home and went out of his car, he said,

"Meann, I'm seriously thankful for agreeing with me."

"Yeah,anytime. "

And with that I walked to our gate without looking back. I was thinking,Am I really sure about my decision. Will I really not regret it late?And what are these feelings I have? I continued on pondering on this thoughts until I reach my room when I heard my phone ringed a text message. I read it.

I just forgot to tell you this,

Good night and Sweet Dreams,my one and only Queen <3

CHAEL

Upon reading the text, I smiled and changed my clothes and retired to bed.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Hello guys, sorry for lateupdate. I've been busy with school and everything. Any way hope youenjoyed reading and see you until next update.