(14) A Father's Heart

MEANN'S POV

"Nak, wake up. You're gonna be late for your two-day training with WCU. You haven't even finished packing your things." It's my father

I immediately woke up and looked at the time. It is still 4:30AM but I guess my father wanted to give me more time to finish packing my things. I stared at one corner of the room where my school bag and the gift I bought yesterday....

Wait, Yesterday?! I scanned the entire room.

"Nak, if you are wondering how you got home, it was Chael. Chael brought you home." My father answered all the unspoken questions and sat beside my bed.

"We're sorry we weren't able to answer your calls and your texts." He continued.

He hold my hand and said, "Honestly, I was grateful that Chael was there and rescued you but on the other hand, I feel so small. I'm your father, we're your family but someone else helped you. I'm truly sorry."

I looked at my father's hand and noticed a water dropped on it. I look at where it came from and saw him crying. I used my other hand to hold his hand and said,

"No dad. You shouldn't feel small at all. It was a small mistake. You have done far greater things than I ever imagined."

"But.."

"Dad", I interrupted. "No more buts. Just be grateful that Chael was there and be thankful that I was able to come home safe and sound." I smiled at him and hugged him.

"Now dad, let's cut the drama. I still need to pack my things, remember?"

"Ok. Just come down when you're ready. Your mother is almost done with your breakfast. Oh and don't worry about how you're going to school, I'll drive you there."

"Thanks dad. And see, you're the best dad ever!!."

It took me only a few minutes to finish packing my things and arranging them. i looked at my phone and decided to give Chael a text,

Thanks for giving me ride home and talking to my parents, my King. I'll be going to the school now for the volleyball training. See you soon!

Oh before I forgot,

Good morning my dearest and most handsome King. <3

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

That's it for my update my dearest readers. Sorry it's quite short I know. But I need you guys to take a break for what might be another long chapter next update.....