(7) Chael's Girl

Chael's POV

The alarm rang and woke me up. After turning the alarm off, I saw the text message I sent to Meann last night. Even if she didn't reply, that text gave me a smile on my face and I really do know why. I know that I may be fooling her but she's the girl that I love. I loved her for quite some time already. But like any other guy, I wasn't sure yet because we're very close friends and so I thought that what I feel might be a sort of possessive friendship.

It was still early in the morning that the sun was just about to rise. As I was seeing it begin its day, I remembered the incident that made me realize that I want Meann to be mine, the one and only and will forever be Chael's Girl.

Flashback

"Son, what's with the irreplaceable smile in your face?" Capt. Slate asked his son as they were going home from the Christmas Party.

"Nothing dad. I just met a girl at the party." Chael replied to his dad.

"And so?"

"It's nothing dad, seriously! I was just amazed by how she can smile that way."

"Hmm."

"What, dad? What's with the hmm?"

"Nothing, son. I was just trying to end the topic because you said it was nothing."

Chael looked towards the sky and admired the stars once again. Deep in his thoughts, he already asked forgiveness for lying to his father. That girl was not nothing, their moment at the party and their conversation were special. I want her to be my girl but I don't want to rush everything. I know it will take time but I'll be there.

Capt. Slate looked at his son's reflection and smiled. He knew deep inside that the girl his son met is somehow special. His son felt something with that girl. He somehow approved of what his son feels because he knew the father well and respects him. The only new face and new girl during their Christmas Party was the eldest daughter of his new instructor. He can see that his son cannot fake that he was so happy he was able to meet the girl, and for sure, he will be seeing his son in the training center more often than he used to be.

End of flashback

And yesterday, Chael's goal of naming Meann as his girl came true. The only thing is that it was rushed and that it wasn't how he planned it. His stepmother ruined his idea of courting Meann first and he was left with no other choice but to make Meann his girl by title. But he knows he will eventually to make Meann his forever not only by name but by the real deal...

-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Sorry guys for a short update!! I've been very busy with school lately. I only have Sunday to stay at home but I still have household chores to do and homework to complete. But I'm still trying my best to upload an update for this story at least once a week. Please share this story to your friends.. thanks and hope to hear from you soon!!