Chapter 15

"You're back, that's nice." Camellia greeted as she slide down the railing. Angelina closed the front door as Gérard untied his shoelaces. Camellia stared at him. "He needs better clothes." She commented. "Yes, I know. But we can't make my mother or aunt Gabby suspicious of us." Angelina retorted, taking off her heels. "Have you eaten?" She asked her housemate.

Camellia shook her head. Her stomach grumbled afterwards. "What would you like for dinner?" The redhead asked. Camellia shrugged. "Something with tomato. Just felt like it." Camellia replied. The trio entered the living room.

Camellia threw herself onto the couch to watch her half finished movie of Finding Nemo. Angelina headed over to the kitchen to prepare dinner. Gérard followed her. Silver and Gino ran into the kitchen. Silver watched Angelina prepare the pasta. Gérard sat at the dining table, with Gino on his lap, purring.

The moment Camellia could hear the plates being set onto the table, she paused the movie and walked into the kitchen, just on time to see Angelina settling the pot of pasta onto the centre of the table. The brunette walked over to the fridge to take out the cheddar cheese and a bottle of apple juice.

"You wanted to tell me something in school, right Gérard?" Angelina asked. Gérard stopped in his movements. He dropped the last bit of his share of pasta into his bowl before he gave Angelina the serving fork. "Well... It's about my sister, Cornelia. She looks very much like yourself." He started. Angelina blinked at him. Camellia listened intently.

She opened the fridge to find her apple juice. She grumbled when she couldn't find the bottle. "Excuse me?" She was startled. "The only difference is that she had mismatched eyes. Her right eye is red, instead of green." Gérard explained.

Camellia finally found her apple juice and the cheese. She closed the fridge and turned around. She dropped her apple juice and the cheese on the table and left. "Cam?" Angelina asked. The brunette went upstairs. It was a short while before she came back down with a drawing. "When I came back from the hospital, I drew this, while you both were in school." Camellia showed them.

Angelina took the piece of drawing from Camellia. Gérard peered over to tale a look. The person she drew looked like a college Angelina with two different colored eyes. "That's Cornelia!" Gérard exclaimed, pointing at the drawing. Angelina looked puzzled. Was it by coincidence that we look alike? She wondered. Camellia's expression didn't change much.

She pinched her drawing out of her housemate's hands and put it aside on a counter. "Let's eat our dinner first, before it gets cold." Camellia drew their attention back to their half-eaten dinner. Camellia started to eat hers. The two agreed quietly.

After dinner, the trio washed their plates and utensils. Gérard continued his so-called explanation. "Cornelia is the only daughter in our family." He started from there. Angelina gave him a cleaned plate to wipe dry. Gérard took it and wiped it with a dishcloth. Camellia wiped the table.

"Cornelia loved to go to the outside world, mainly human civilization. Until when I was about 90, she disappeared." He put the plate aside. "My family said that she was killed, but I didn't believe them." Gérard took another plate to wipe. Angelina began washing the utensils.

"Then, recently, I found a letter with her handwriting. She said to find someone with a dragonfly birthmark. I used that as an excuse to leave Elephogor, to find my lady love, when actually..." Gérard bit his lower lip. "You were searching for Cornelia." Angelina completed it for him, before she abruptly left stopped washing the utensils.

She pushed the dirty fork and the sponge into his hands. Angelina rinsed her hands and headed upstairs. She slammed her room door close. "Nice job, Octavian." Camellia said, sarcastically. "What?" He asked, turning around to look at Camellia. " 'What' is all you can say?" Camellia asked, sounding irritated, despite her sickly voice.

"You used Angelina as a tool to find Cornelia. Guess what? She was born with a dragonfly birthmark 15 years ago." Gérard looked at the brunette, confused. "If Cornelia went missing for almost 20 years (since she disappeared when you were ±90, now that your 118), why didn't you start your search the day she went missing?" Camellia growled at him. Gérard cringed.

"Look, if you want to make up to her, you'd better tell her yourself." She went back up to her room. Gino followed behind her. "Gino!" Camellia screamed. Her sneezes followed after like a storm. Gérard put the fork and sponge into the sink. "What did I do wrong?" He wondered.

・・・

"Mine!" Magnolia cried as she jumped, with an arm raised above her head. She forcefully slammed the ball downwards. The players of Rose Branwen weren't quick enough to rebound the ball and so, the rally was stopped. The crowd roared in the indoor volleyball court as a fellow teammate gave Magnolia a high-five. The boys cheered in the gallery as cheerleaders of both sides cheered below.

Angelina sat near the front with Camellia while Gérard sat behind. He didn't understand how the game was played. Neither did Ben or Saul did as they sat next to him. "What did I miss?" Angelina heard Ethan. He sat next to the redhead, purposely in between of the girls. "Wolfy did a spike." Camellia muttered, sipping from her water bottle. "That's one pretty chick." Ethan pointed at a short-haired brunette on court.

"Those must be her friends over there." He pointed at the Rose Branwen cheer-leading squad. There was a certain group of three distinguished girls amongst the uniform group. "Probably the leaders of the school." Angelina assumed. "I'd doubt they would go for you." Camellia commented. Ethan wrapped an arm around her shoulder.

He gave off a menacing aura as he mumbled Russian words under his breath. Everyone near them shifted further, if they could. Angelina ignored them as she was too engrossed in the game. It was fun to watch the rally continuing. When it was abruptly stopped, the boys would complain, for fun. It wasn't long until the tournament was over. St. Bernard Kirkland won by a few goals. It was a close call, after all.

During the last best of three, Rose Branwen started picking up quickly when Magnolia was benched. Whether it was luck or not, one of the home team players had to call for time because of her sprained ankle. Magnolia took her place and St. Bernard Kirkland started picking up. Everyone cheered for Magnolia was she raised the trophy above her head.