Chapter 16

"Tickets for the Start of Summer Play: William Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet!" Andy called out from a stand in the center of the wide hallway. Students lined up to buy their tickets for themselves, friends and family. Gérard trudged in the hallway, alone, passing by a few girls who tried to flirt with him. "Dude, what's up man?" Saul grabbed his shoulder and pulled him back. "It's been like a week since I last saw you with Angelina for like... 5 solid minutes." The American commented.

"Heard from Star K about the complication." Ben added. "What did you do?" Gérard let out a sigh. "I made Angelina upset, and I haven't got the courage to talk to her about it." He replied. "I think that's why he's in the Friend-zone." Saul commented. Gérard flustered. "Aww.. you look so cute when you blush!" Saul cheekily said. "I do not!" He retorted. Camellia, who was behind a wall, in another corridor, eavesdropped on them. Angelina was next to her.

The duo pulled away from the scene. "See? What did I tell you?" Camellia insisted that she was right. "Okay! Okay! So I was stupid to give Gérard the silent treatment! Fine! You got me!" Angelina confessed. Camellia smiled, despite being a bit sickly. "It's alright, at least you two somewhat made up in some way." Camellia teased. The housemates went to the theatre for their last few rehearsals. Camellia got in as the nurse that cared for Juliet.

They were greeted by Ethan when got into backstage. "Angelina, got your dress." He lifted up a rectangular box for her to see. "That's... fast." She said with astonishment. "Arthur had a lot of free time. He usually takes a few weeks, but I guessed that yours was special." Ethan grinned as Angelina took the box from him.

The girls went to the changing room. Just as Camellia was picking out her clothing prop, Clara walked right in. "I so want that dress." She said, pointing at Angelina's cotton dress. "Sorry, but... it's mine." Angelina retorted. Clara gave a judgmental look.

"Ethan paid for it, didn't he?"
"So what if he did?"
"Whatever is his, is also mine."
"But he gave it to me."

Camellia could see a battle raging, but she didn't bother to stop it, since it wasn't her fight, yet. Angelina went into one of the cubicles with the entire box. Clara stared at Camellia. They had a little staring contest. The darker brunette gave her a sheepish smirk. "Salope mieux de courir." Camellia snickered. The lighter brunette scoffed and marched her way out.

After Angelina changed into her silk dress, and Camellia wore an olden day nurse gown, they exited the room and were greeted by Gérard. He wore a simple brown collared shirt and long black pants. He blushed at the sight of the redhead. "Angelina... I'm.." he began to stutter. She pressed her finger against his lips, silencing him. "It's alright. Just don't do it again." She warned, and went onto stage.

・・・

"You kiss by the book." Angelina, now as Juliet, said to Gérard, who was now Romeo. Camellia enters from the side. "Madam, your mother craves a word with you." She read from the script (since she had recently joined the play). And she wasn't even trying to memorize on the spot to say it. "What is her mother?" Gérard asked. A brief silence as Camellia scanned through the lines.

"Marry, bachelor, her mother is the lady of the house," Camellia replied, "and a good lady, and a wise and virtuous. I nursed her daughter, that you talk'd withal; I tell you, he that can lay hold of her shall have the chinks." Gérard looked away. "Is she a Capulet? O dear account! My life is my foe's debt." Saul swung his arm around his shoulders.

"Away, be gone; the sport is at the best." He laughed, as Benvolio. "Ay, so I fear; the more is my unrest." Gérard sighed. Camellia read through the script while Angelina had to point out where they were at the moment.

On the other side of the stage, Jordan is pretending to bid the other guests. "Nay, gentlemen, prepare not to be gone," Jordan smiled at the invisible audience. "We have a trifling foolish banquet towards.. Is it e'en so? why, then, I thank you all." He slowly walked around his position. "I thank you, honest gentlemen; good night." He turned away. "More torches here!" He approached C.J. , who was playing as the Lady of Capulet.

"Come on then, let's to bed. Ah, sirrah, by my fay, it waxes late: I'll to my rest." All of the boys (and C.J.) left, leaving behind Angelina and Camellia. "Come hither, nurse. What is yond gentleman?" Angelina turned to Camellia as they took centre stage. "The son and heir of old Tiberio." She replied.

"What's he that now is going out of door?"
"Marry, that, I think, be young Petrucio."
"What's he that follows there, that would not dance?"
"I know not."

Angelina took Camellia's hands. "Go ask his name: if he be married, my grave is like to be my wedding bed." Camellia sighed, glancing at the script. "His name is Romeo.. and a Montague; The only son... of your great enemy." Angelina gasped. "My only love sprung from my only hate! Too early seen unknown, and known too late! Prodigious birth of love it is to me, that I must love a loathed enemy." Camellia yanked her hands out of her grasps, a little baffled by Angelina's exaggeration.

"What's this? What's this?" Camellia read, not even trying to sound agitated by Juliet's actions. "A rhyme I learn'd even now, of one I danced withal." Angelina replied. Then, someone from backstage called out 'Juliet'. "Anon, anon! Come, let's away; the strangers all are gone." Camellia read. Angelina led Camellia out of the scene.

From the audience seats, Aaron shot up from his seat, as a single ovation. "Well done!!" He cried. Everyone emerged from backstage. "I love it! Although Miss Stark," he looked at Camellia. "It's Star K not Stark." She growled. "Yes.. better remember your lines, the play is due soon." Aaron clearly didn't want to deal with Camellia, for obvious reasons.

"I'll teach you a method to remember them easily. Plus, the nurse doesn't have that much scenes." Angelina added. Camellia's phone rang. A notification from someone. She whipped out her phone and saw the message. She showed it to Angelina. "Do we have enough tickets?" Angelina shook her head. "We can ask from Magnolia." Camellia smirked.

"Why?" Angelina rested her chin on her hand, which she rested her elbow on her other hand that rested on her stomach. "Three of her brothers can't make it. So their tickets would cover up." Camellia stared at Angelina, judging. "We won't be paying her back right?" She asked. Angelina face-palmed.