Chapter 1:Smoke

Arabella's P.O.V

Why does it have to be so hard I think as a walk down the street to my job. I live in Florida which is tough to live in at times. I work at a little café during the weekdays and a thrift store during the weekends. Its hard to find jobs when you dropped out of highschool and didn't go to college. I walk in the café and head to the back. I grab my apron and go back out by the cash register. The door chime's and my best friends Sarah and Chris run in. "Guess what" they scream. "Guys what is the problem" I groan. "5sos is having a contest for their opening act on tour" Sarah yells. "Wait what I'm confused" I say. "You record a video of you singing or something, you fill out a survey about yourself, then you send it to their manager and he watches it. He then contact's you and you go on tour" Chris says fast. "I'm still confused" I say once again. "We do a singing video send it to him and then we wait" Chris says annoyed. "Well.......I guess" I sigh. "Woooo this is going to be great. What time do you get off" Sarah asks. "I get off a 5:00. It's 4:00 now. So I'll spend the night and we can do the stupid video that we will never win" I scoff. "Don't be a Debby Downer. Your killing my vibe" Sarah says. "I'll see you tonight" I say waving her bye. "Bye Arabella" they wave back exiting the store.

>>>>>>>> 1 hour later >>>>>>>>

I lock up the store and start to walk home. I pull out my pack of cigarettes and lighter. I light one of my cigarettes. I inhale and slowly exhale smoke. I walk for about 5 minutes. I finally get to my house. I inhale one last time and then throw it on the ground and step on it. I unlock my front door and carefully and silently walk to my room. I grab a old bag and shove a bunch of clothes in it. I grab my pillows off my bed and put the in a line to make a body shape. I also pull the blankets up over the pillows. I throw my bag out of the window and climb out of the window. I walk about 15 minutes to Sarah's house. Her parents are the richest people in town. Their house is huge 10x bigger than mine. I buzz the buzzer on the gate. "Hello" the guy says. I hold the button down. "Uh Hi it's Arabella" I say. The buzzer goes off and the gate opens. I walk through the gates and up to her house. I knock on the door and her maid opens it. "Thank you" I say as I walk in. She nods and closes the door. I walk up the stairs and into Sarah's room. Sarah, Chris are dancing all around her room in onesies. Melody is writing music in her notebook. They see me and yells. "Arabella let's do the video" Sarah says as she grabs her camera. I put my stuff down and stand next to Sarah. Chris stands on my other side and then Melody next to Chris. "What song are we singing" I ask. "Let's sing photograph by Ed Sheeran" Melody squeaks. We start to sing and we actually sound pretty good. We finish and we say goodbye. "We sounded really good" I say. We go on the computer to send their manager the video and to fill out the survey. "Okay now we wait" Sarah says. "When do we find out who wins" I ask eating chips. "Tomorrow, this started a week ago and I just found out today" she says as she laughs. I put my chips down and crawl in to her bed. Chris lays on Sarah's giant bean bag, and then Melody lays on the couch. She turns off the light and jumps on her bed. "Good night" I say. "Goodnight" they all yell at the same time. I fall asleep wondering what will happen tomorrow.

Hi once again and I just want to say thanks for reading. I'm awkward so um bye.