Chapter Seventeen: White Lies & Alibis

Panic filled me. I had completely forgotten about... About absolutely everything!!

School. School. I need to get to school. They are going to call the Masons, and I am not going to be there, and my life will be ruined! Noooooooo!

"So? What about school?", Will said calmly with his eyes still closed.

"What do you mean 'what about school'?! Will we are freaking late! The Masons are going to murder me!", I said angrily at Will.

The Masons didn't have many rules but one of the big ones was not to skip school.

I grabbed my converses and started stuffing my feet into them, not bothering to tie the shoe laces.

I looked up to see Will sleeping again.

"Wake up!", I yelled at him, pulling off the blanket that he had draped over himself. "You need to drive me to school."

Will groaned and rolled over. "It's too late by now, they've already called them. We should just enjoy ourselves the rest of the day.", he said, fianally sitting up on the couch.

I scowled at him, secretly knowing he was right.

Then I remembered something else. I had just ran off yesterday and the last person who saw me was John. John would have definitely panicked when I didn't show up at the end of the night. He may have even filed a missing persons report. And everyone would be pissed when I showed up and told them that I, that I spent the night with Will Farnsworth!

I need one heck of an alibi.

•••

I was currently outside of Q's house, getting ready to put my alibi into place.

Q has a cute one story gray victorian style house with white crown molding. A big tree with a five foot diameter shaded the front lawn which was a dull green color and could use a lawnmower. The other houses in the area looked similar.

The plan was that after I ran away from John, I went to Q's house. She intended to bring me back but we fell asleep before we could remember to. Q's alarm clock failed and her parents were gone that night so her parents couldn't do anything about it. So therefore I wasn't there.

Not too great of a plan, but hey, it's better than saying, "Hello foster family. Sorry that I ran away, got attacked by homeless men, rescued by Will Farnsworth- John's sworn enemy, failed making tacos, snuck into Carson Bayes house and basically ruined his life for the next day or so, ate pizza, watched all 4 Scream movies, and fell asleep on the same couch with Will at Will's beach shack, all on a school night. Oh, and I also missed school the next day."

Yeah, no. Not going to work.

I turned around in the seat of the Lamborghini and looked at Will. His beautiful sandy blonde hair was slightly messy and his electric green eyes were awake with life and adventure. He was tapping his hands on the steering wheel to a song on the radio that I've never heard before. He was wearing ripped jeans and a black t shirt that read "Parental Advisory Explicit Content", which made me want to laugh considering that he was explicit.

I sighed inside knowing what I was going to have to do. I opened the Lamborghini door and slipped out.

"Goodbye Will, it was surprisingly a pleasure.", I tell him, somewhat jokingly.

"Sure. And take this.", he said, handing me a business card with a phone number on it. "I'll see you around.", he replied coolly, slipping on a pair of black sunglasses.