Chapter 13: The Sword Sleeps

Kakariko Village
Casey

Beth and I walk through the gate to Kakariko Village. Everyone gasps and some people start to cry as they see me carrying my mother's body. Beth walks behind me. She stops herself from crying but tears still trickle down her face.

I take Mom to the graveyard. Dampe says that he'll dig Mom's grave while I engrave her headstone.

Dampe has precut headstones in the grave shack. I take one from the stack and lay it on the ground. I conjure fire magic and hold it in my hands. It encases my hands. I use my finger to write "Loving Mother, Friend, and Queen. Zelda." I take the stone outside. Dampe is finishing the grave when I walk out. I put the stone in the ground above the grave. I take Mom's body and lay her in the ground. Dampe covers her with a sheet and then fills the grave.

I head back to my house. I hear someone crying inside. I know it's Beth.

"Beth?" I say, knocking on her door.

"Casey." She says and hugs me. "We need to fulfill your mom's last wish."

"Putting the Master Sword in the Pedestal of Time." I finish.

Beth pulls away from me and I pick the Master Sword from my bed.

Temple of Time

I stand in front of the Pedestal of Time. I unsheathe the Master Sword. I raise it above my head with the blade point facing down. I jam it into the Pedestal.

A flash of light comes from the sword. Black particles float in the air. The Darkness. The particles fly back into the Master Sword and each of them burn up as they touch the blade. The Master Sword is finally cleansed of the Darkness.

I step away from the Pedestal. "May no one pull this sword from this pedestal. May it only be pulled in time of great need, whether that be in the past, present, or future." I say.

"You know what we need to do now, right?" Beth asks.

"Yeah. Find and kill my sister." I answer.