Taking me home

13 May 2013

Niall was lying in bed looking at Frankie while she was sleeping. She looked so peaceful, he thought. How did he ever manage to get a girl like her? She was the most perfect thing, to him at least. He liked how she was shy and a bit careful and how she let him take care of her. The duvet had come of when they were sleeping and Niall couldn’t help but admire her body. She was fit before she went to Afghanistan but she had got even fitter. She was really skinny before she left and Niall had to admit that she looked healthier now and he could see that she had gained a few kilos. Niall noticed that she had got a lot of scars on her body. Scars that weren’t there before she left. He knew it must have been from the roadside bomb and it hurt him to know that she had felt physical pain. He traced his fingers from one scar to another on her stomach. There were about six and some of them where really big and he could see that they had all been stitched. He still thought she was beautiful though.

Niall leant down to kiss one of her scars but when he did Frankie winched and purposely elbowed Niall in the head. She quickly jumped out of her bed.

“Auch, what was that for?” Niall said and held a hand to his head where she had elbowed him.

“Oh my god Niall. I’m so sorry. I thought you where someone else,” She said and swiftly walked to Niall’s side. “Let me see that,” She put her hands to his head and inspected it but he had only got a red mark. “It might bruise,” She said and pulled away. “I’m so sorry,” It wasn’t until she looked down at the two of them she realised that they were both completely naked and the whole scenery made her laugh.

“Why are ye laughin’, ye just hurt me,” Niall said and tried to act like he was hurt by her actions.

“Nothing, I’m going to shower,” She said and made her way into the bathroom.

“So am I,” Niall smirked and followed her into the bathroom.

----

“Love don’t ye think you’ll be cold?” Niall said as Frankie walked out of the bedroom dressed in a pair of high waist denim shorts and a cropped t-shirt. Even though it was the middle of May the winter had been quite rough and everything had been postponed including the sun.

“I keep forgetting that I’m not in Afghanistan,” Frankie said and turned on her heels. Niall smiled to himself as he continued to make something to eat for the two. When Frankie returned she was wearing a light blue shirt with a pair of black denim shorts and tights. She looked absolutely stunning and Niall was sure that she could pull anything off. Nothing would look ugly on her.

“Ye look beautiful,” He told her and she sat down on a stool in the kitchen and sat a bottle of nail polish on the counter.

“You say that no matter how I look,” She said and smiled and opened the nail polish and placed her hand flat on the counter and began painting her nails.

“That’s because it’s true. You’d look great in everything,”

“That’s not true. I have loads of clothes that don’t fit me. Stop talking bullocks,” Frankie said and returned back to her nail polishing. She was sitting in her own thoughts very concentrated when Niall dropped something on the floor that made Frankie jump up from the chair and lie down on the floor.

“What are you doing?” Niall asked. He had walked over to her and was looking down at her. Frankie pulled herself up from the floor.

“Y... Yo... you scared me,” She said and sounded a bit frightened.

“I’m sorry I just dropped a bowl. It’s nothing to worry about,” Niall said and brushed some hair behind her ear before returning back to what he was doing.