Chapter Thirteen- Uh-oh.

Chapter Thirteen: Uh-oh.

Ariel's POV:

It'd been a week since my encounter with the scary gentlemen that had tried to assault Lux and I. Harry was the only person I'd told and we'd agreed to keep it to ourselves. Ever since Lou arrived I'd distance myself from them and try to make Lux just stay near Harry so next time I wouldn't have her life in my hands. He was much more responsible than me.

I woke up to tugging on my hair and found it to be Lux and Harry. "Stay down, Ariel. I'm teaching her how to braid." I grunted and dug my face into my white pillow. These two were always up and at it when we didn't have a gig. We were currently in Ireland and I was enjoying every second of my weekend off; sleeping. Or at least I was.

"What's the plan for today?" I sat up as I tried to undue the mess of tangles Harry and Lux had put in my hair. Clearly neither of them knew how to braid properly.

"Everyone's leaving, including Little Miss Lux. So, I thought you and I could go visit a quaint little place in New York. And you can't say no because I already bought the plane tickets. It was originally going to be for Liam but he isn't here, which means the ticket is yours." Harry smirked. I gave him a puzzled look and shook my head.

"You're nuts," I grunted. "if you think I'm sitting through a 5 hour plane ride just to be in the US for two days you're crazy." Lux moved onto my lap as I sat up and shook her head at Harry as well. "And plus, we don't need to bond. I see you too much as it is." He rolled his eyes and stood up.

"C'mere Lux," He took her from me as she tried to squirm away from him. "We have to let Ariel pack."  Harry closed the door behind him and from the other side I heard Lux burst into laughter as Harry made baby voices at her being a victim of the tickle monster. The two were an odd pair but for sure they loved each other.

I sighed and got up, heading to my closet and looking through the things I knew I'd need for the States. After all, Harry had already bought the plane tickets.

******************

I shook Harry awake excitedly as the pilot asked us to remain seated until an attendant helped us out of our seats. "Harry, we're here!" I whispered at him. With his eyes closed he grunted and shook his head.

"That couldn't have been five hours."

"Oh, but it was." 

"I'm tired."

"Shut up. Come on, we have a chauffeur waiting for us in the airport." I pulled him up and slowly but surely he began to shake awake. I kept glancing at him to make sure he still had his eyes open. Harry was the kind of boy to shoot up out of a deep sleep and act like he was completely fine but the second you took your eye off him, he'd go back to sleep. He had woken me up so this time I wasn't letting him off the hook. Eventually we made our way down the terminal carrying nothing but a few, heavily-packed bags.

As I'd said before, inside the airport there was someone holding the sign "Smith", also known as the dumb name Harry had been signing into hotels with. I understood why he didn't use his real name, what with the girls always following him, but he could have done better than Smith. That was so cliche. 

The chauffeur directed us to a black Range Rover and drove us to the hotel Harry had booked us at. Luckily there weren't any screaming girls around. There were, however, many cameras flashing as Harry and I made our way into the hotel lobby. In there, a few people recognized Harry so I snuck off into the bathroom in order to avoid the mob and left him to deal with the crowd until it cleared out.

 ************

"Thanks for leaving me." Harry said as we put our things down in the floor of our suite.