chapter 0

[Jax's Point of View]

"You coming to my party man, right?"

I lift my eyes from the pages of my history textbook and see my best friend, Aidan Robertson.

"Uh, sure, but can you leave me be? I gotta study for the history exam."

"Stop being such a nerd Jax! You're going to pass it anyways. I mean, your average in the class is a 101.99 out of 100. I don't know how that was possible but you did it."

I chuckle lightly and focus back on the text.

Zeus had many affairs. Some humans which produce demigods or with other gods. His wife, Hera, was not the happiest camper but then again, her husband was a cheating ass.

I reread the text again and notice that's not what it said. I was just thinking that.

"Aidan, can you go away. I can't concentrate." I hear footsteps fade away and I sigh in relief.

"Sucker! You thought I was going to leave! Yeah right!"

All of a sudden, I hear the loudest shush possible. I turn around to look at the librarian's cold eyes and a manicure pointer finger pressed against her scolding lips.

"Oops." I turn to Aidan while silently fuming.

"Yeah... oops." I rub my temples with my pointer and middle finger and can feel a headache coming on.

"I'm going to go..." He slowly walks away, his fingers pointing behind him. I just nod and get back to studying.

Finally, peace and quiet.

"Jax! My man!"

Not again...

[Violet's Point of View]

"You coming to my party man, right?"

I try to read my novel but I only hear Aidan Robertson and his obnoxious voice. I scream internally, mentally cursing him out while I'm at it.

"Stop being such a nerd Jax! You're going to pass it anyways. I mean, your average in the class is a 101.99 out of 100. I don't know how that was possible but you did it."

Calling Jax a nerd is like calling me beautiful. We're the total opposite of it. Jax is the it boy and I'm the loner at the school. Oh well. Everyone's a jackass or slut at my school anyway.

"Sucker! You thought I was going to leave! Yeah right!"

I sigh again. Can't he just leave the peaceful library.

I hear the librarian shush him, loudly may I add. Considering I know I will never finish this book, I close it quietly and walk out of the comfy library and back to my cold and modern home.

I get on my motorcycle and grab the helmet from underneath the seat compartment and slip it on. While riding, I feel the wind blowing my hair back and I feel free, alive. It's exhilarating.

I get home and greet our butler. His name is John and is one of the friendliest people you ever meet. He's more of a father figure then my own father.