chapter 6

[Violet's Point of View]

It's been days, weeks, since Jax last talked to me or even made any communication. What did I do? Did I say something... do something?

"Violet? You okay?" I look up and see Sophia's piercing eyes on me.

"Yep. Why wouldn't I?" I was always the strong and confident one in my family and I'm not letting some stupid but beautiful boy ruin my reputation.

"You seem a bit distance since... well since the date happen." I let out a cold and humorless chuckle and Sophia looks at me like I'm a demon.

"How can you laugh at a time like this?"

"You're being over dramatic. It's just a guy. It's not like my life depends on him. If you think about it, there are worst problems in the world then some guy not liking me back."

"I know that, but right now, in this moment-"

"SOPHIA! LET IT GO! IT DOESN'T MATTER!"

I know I shouldn't have snap at Sophia. I know I shouldn't have yelled at her, because she looks like she's about to break down in tears.

"I-I'm sorry..." She runs away and before I can do anything, my dad is calling me into his office.

"Yes father?"

"Now before you get mad or anything, hear me out..."

I look at my dad with curiosity. What the hell is he talking about?

"Okay, I'll listen. Just tell me."

"Well.. as you know, I'm getting older." I nod along to that.

"And since you're mother died but she was the one to make all of the girly decisions, I need a new female's opinion."

"What about Lily?"

"I want your opinion. You have your mother's blood and you have been preparing for this your whole life."

"Is that all you have to tell me?"

"No. For you to take this job, you must to move to England and be prepped to be the face of the company. But, I'll make sure you get the education you need."

I absorb all the information like a sponge does with water. Should I take this opportunity? I still get an education, plus I don't want some stranger taking over the business that my parents built from the bottom of the ground.

"I'll do it." I made sure to say it with as much confidence that I can muster, making sure my shoulders are back and I'm standing tall.

"Good. Oh, and another thing, you'll be leaving by midnight tonight. Most of your stuff is pack, but you can pack anything else you need."

"Okay." I quickly leave my dad's office and speed walk to my room.

I can't believe I'm doing this. I'm moving halfway across the world not just to take over the family company, but to escape my demons. Am I really that scared? So scared that I'll run away just so I don't confront everyone? My answer: yes.

  |484 Words|
~I.HATE.PEOPLE.SO.MUCH. I feel like punching every jackass in my school. Every guy that judges a girl for her looks, but doesn't try to get to know her. Every single person that judges a boy just because he prefers drama/fashion over sports. I swear to god, my generation is mess up. Okay... my ranting is done. I hope you like the book! The drama is just starting...~
*Brec Bassinger: Shannon Wilson*