chapter 3

[Violet's Point of View]
{The Next Day}

"I'm so happy! Oh so happy!"

I turn my head around to see a jolly Sophia walk down the stairs. I don't bother to ask her why she's so happy, considering I'm the reason why she is. Well... kinda. I'm the one that set up their date, but I think you guessed that by now.

"My my! Sophia, I've never seen you this happy. Well... maybe when you were hanging around Luke, but you're practically glowing!"

"I am mom! I truly am!"

I see Lily look at her daughter with love in her eyes and I feel a pang inside of me. My mother never had the time to look at me like that. She was always busy. I know she loved me and all, just... we had enough money to last my own grandchildren to go to college. But seeing Lily and Sophia interact like that... it reminded me how much of a mother I never had. Sure, I had Nicole, but she wasn't my mother.

"Violet? Hello? Anyone in there?" I quickly get out of my thoughts, seeing Lily look at me with concern and Sophia still a ball of happiness just a bit toned down.

"I'm perfectly fine. Let's get to school Soph." I put on my best fake smile, knowing no one can ever see through it.

"Okay! Let me get my bag." I wait patiently, knowing we still have a couple of minutes until it's time to actually leave.

After ten minutes has pass, I start to get suspicious. I quietly walk up the stairs to Sophia's room and hear strange noises. It sounds like Sophia is struggling to do something.

I instantly go into fighting mode. I lock the door open and grab the intruder. I then go for a punch and succeed in up cutting him and getting his gut. I stand up and kick him in the side extra hard for good measures. I turn to see Sophia shocked and is that anger I see?

"I don't know if I should be surprise at your fighting skills or mad that you did that to my boyfriend."

Boyfriend? Boy. Friend. Boyfriend! Wait...

"LUKE!" I turn to see a slightly bloody Luke on the ground.

"That's m-me." I quickly go to the bathroom, and grab the first aid kit, making sure there are bandages and the ointments I need.

"Goddammit! Sophia, don't hold back the noises you're making if you don't want me to do this again to him. And you! Don't come sneaking into my sister's room. I've been waiting downstairs for ten freakin minutes and now we're going to be late."

Throughout my whole lecture to the Romeo and Juliet wannabes, I was bandaging Luke up.

"There, you're all set to go. Now, you're riding with us because I don't trust you to drive. Sophia, you're getting shot gun. I don't want him next to me and I don't trust the two of you next to each other."

The two put their heads down in shame and walk in front of me. I huff. Must I always be the adult in these situations?!

"Violet?" I turn my head to meet Luke's eyes.

"Yes Luke?" I see a slow smirk appear on his face.

"Nice punch." I smirk back at him.

"I try." We laugh, walking out of the room.