Chapter 1

The alarm clock blares 8:00 AM, but I slam the snooze button hard. As I try to drift back to sleep, Pete pours an entire bucket of water onto me and my bed.

"What the hell is wrong with you Pete?" I ask and laugh, quickly hopping up and swinging at him, just barely missing his nose.

"It's time to get ready Patty Cakes!!" Pete exclaims in a playful tone. Oh man, he must be trying to make me angry! He's lucky I haven't fully woken up yet, otherwise he would be eating his teeth right now. It's amazing how much you can love someone that teases you so much. I notice that he hasn't even tried waking up Andy and Joe, yet he decided to completely soak our bed.

"I thought I told you not to call me that Pete," I say to him, trying to control my anger before I decide to punch his teeth in. He ignores me as he walks to the kitchen to get some breakfast. As I walk a somewhat fair distance behind him, I try to completely ignore the fact that he is only in his boxers.

"What do you want for breakfast Patty Cakes?" He asks me and laughs so hard that he almost spills his cup of orange juice.

"Does it look like I know what I want Pete?" I ask him, punching him so hard in the shoulder that he actually falls onto the ground.

"I bet you want a little bit of Pete, don't you Patrick?" He asks with a big smile on his face, showing off his abs and white teeth.

"Maybe, maybe not," I say, and then I walk back to our room. I grab the sheets off the bed and throw them into a pile in the corner of the room. I was the one who brought us to this hotel room, I'll be the one to get us out! Tonight is our first big show in front of a ton of people and if Pete does anything stupid, I might have to punch him in the face for it.

An hour later, we're all in the van going to our first show so we can set up. As we pull up, I think about all the ways our show could go wrong tonight, and there's a lot. I can't even begin to count all the ways. Andy and Joe hop out first, followed by Pete and then myself. If Pete fucks this up for us tonight we'll be sleeping together in another hotel room tonight. I walk into the place, carrying all that I can. We spend the next hour and a half trying to set up the stage. By the time we actually are ready to practice a bit, it's an hour and a half before the show starts. We are able to practice all of our songs just before they start letting people in.

In the middle of the show, while we are playing America's Suitehearts, Pete decides that he wants to fuck up the concert by kissing me on the cheek. He has no idea what he just did. If we are stuck sleeping somewhere that we have to all sleep in one room, it'll be the end of his life.

After the show, I walk up to Pete.

"What the fuck was that kiss about Pete?!?" I yell, practically screaming. I'm so furious with him right now!!

"I'll explain when we get to our hotel, okay?" He says. He should be lucky I haven't already punched his head into the ground.

"Fine, but if you don't explain later, I will personally end your life." I say, and walk away after he kisses me on the cheek again. Why the hell does he keep doing that? I mean, I do kinda like it, but now is NOT the time for it!

As we get into our hotel room, we're able to afford a two bedroom hotel room, so that we can at least only have two people in one room instead of all of us. Perfect, at least Pete and I will be able to talk this out in private. We get our room key and then get to our room. Pete and I go into our room and I sit on the bed to wait for his explanation.

"Okay, you want an explanation Pat?" He asks, although he already knows the answer to his question.

"Yes you idiot! I want a god damn explanation for why you kissed me in the middle of our concert!!" I tell him, making sure it's obvious how furious I am at him.